Thread: Evap purge valve hose problem

My Cars
    2004 BMW 325xi

Evap purge valve hose problem

I own a 2004 325xi BMW. I recently bought this car and the check engine light went on. I took it to autozone and the code said my evap purge valve was faulty. I bought the purge valve online and began to replace it. When i was removing the thinner hose from the back of the old purge valve i accidentally pulled the other end of the hose from somewhere under the engine. I have spent hours looking for a possible place where it came off but I haven't got a clue where it could be located. I began researching the hose while i have yet to find what it is even named. I have looked all over every forum and website there is and i seem to be the only one with this problem. I detached the power steering canister to get a better look and still have no idea where it could be. This part seems to have no effect on the vehicles performance, however i was replacing it in order to pass emissions. I don't feel comfortable driving my newly purchased BMW when i know there is a tube missing that was attached somewhere to the engine in a place that i cannot see. Everywhere I have looked keeps saying that the hose connects to the charcoal canister on the left side of the engine, but the hose is not even close to long enough to reach it and that is not the same direction in which it originally came from. if anyone knows where the other end of the thinner hose connects and if you could tell me what parts i would need to remove to reach it, that would be extremely helpful. I have also looked for an online service manual, but there is no where i can find it. If you know of a website or place i can acquire one can you please inform me. I have found a Bentley manual for purchase, but not a online version. I would really like to get this fixed ASAP.

Again, all I need to know is where the hose from the back of that evap valve connects. I know there are 2 hoses, but you can easily see where the one connects, the other though goes into the abyss.

Thanks in advance for ANY information.

J

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    The other end of the hose is connected to the intake manifold. Use a flashlight and a small mirror to locate the nipple. The book says the intake manifold needs to be removed to install this hose, but my friend bmwdirtracer says you can install it if you have reasonably small hands. I think the nipple faces towards the engine.