Thread: 2000 M roadster wheels

My Cars
    2000 bmw m roadster

2000 M roadster wheels

I'm new to this forum, and to BMWs, and am considering buying a low mile 2000 M roaster with Dinan upgrades. The only problem with it is it has some after market chrome wheels. Does this significantly affect the value of the car? How hard would a set of OEM wheels be to locate, and how much would one expect to pay for them. I really don't care for the looks of the present wheels and would prefer to get the car back to a factory look. Thanks for the help.

My Cars
    z3
    OEM sets can be had for $1000-$1600, depending on condition, and finish. The later model shadowchrome wheels are worth a little more, but yours did come with the earlier/cheaper silver finish.

If the wheels are tasteful you should have no problem selling them and recouping some cost out of it. If they are cheap wheels maybe ask the previous owner to go back to stock?

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    99 M Rdstr, 92 325ic,
    $1000 - $1600? Really? I'd sell mine for $1000 today. I think that $700 seems a better range

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe & Roadster
    $700 for a clean set at that.

For something just to get you rolling probably around 400

My Cars
    m coupe
    I have a set of originals from a 2001 M Coupe you may be interested in. Email me at info@seniorstalkradio.com and I will send back info and pics sometime tomorrow.

My Cars
    S52 M Coupe
    I don't know where you guys are getting these Roadstars. But I'd gladly pay 4-7 hundred for a set. I've only seen them going for 1k and up.

My Cars
    z3
    I thought they were worth more, if I found any sets for sale near me I would pick them up in a heartbeat at $700

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    01 E36/8
    $700 for a set with curb rash that needs refinishing is normal. Then add the cost of refinishing and your up to $ 1,100- $ 1,200. I have an extra set that I had refinished in Black Chrome (too dark for estoril IMO) that no one wanted for $ 1,200 so their in the attic. I's still love to trade them for a set of factory Chrome Smokes in excellent shape.
    01 M S54 Estoril Coupe (Fun)16 Mini Clubman S(Daily)03 325i (Wifes Car)Your never further away from oblivion than a distracted soccer mom in a SUV.

My Cars
    Millenium Falcon
    Quote Originally Posted by 47sgs View Post
    The only problem with it is it has some after market chrome wheels. Does this significantly affect the value of the car?
    Exactly what wheels are they? They could be worth a couple thousand- ACS, Forgeline, HRE, etc. Or they could be crap, ebay specials. We can't give you a value on the wheels or tell you if they're a positive addition to the car based on the single fact that they're chrome. Brand, model, and size are what we need.

My Cars
    2000 bmw m roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Anderson View Post
    Exactly what wheels are they? They could be worth a couple thousand- ACS, Forgeline, HRE, etc. Or they could be crap, ebay specials. We can't give you a value on the wheels or tell you if they're a positive addition to the car based on the single fact that they're chrome. Brand, model, and size are what we need.
    I think they are an inexpensive 5 spoke chrome wheel purchased from a tire shop in Washington state, and the owner does not have the original set of rims. I'm guessing they are a detriment to the value of the car, especially considering a purist would want a car as close to original as possible.
    If a replacement set of OEM rims is $1000 and up, I'll want to get some of that cost taken off the purchase price.
    If knock off rims don't affect the car value, then I won't worry about it. If they significantly lower the value and desireability of the car, then they'll need to be replaced. I just don't know how hard it is to find a set of OEM rims, or where to look for them.

My Cars
    1999 M-Coupe, 2013 S60RD
    I think they are an inexpensive 5 spoke chrome wheel purchased from a tire shop in Washington state, and the owner does not have the original set of rims. I'm guessing they are a detriment to the value of the car, especially considering a purist would want a car as close to original as possible.
    If a replacement set of OEM rims is $1000 and up, I'll want to get some of that cost taken off the purchase price.
    If knock off rims don't affect the car value, then I won't worry about it. If they significantly lower the value and desireability of the car, then they'll need to be replaced. I just don't know how hard it is to find a set of OEM rims, or where to look for them.
    Roadstars are cheap enough that it shouldnt matter either way, if you post pictures of the wheels (tire condition), you could probably sell them and swap out for a clean set of roadstars for relatively no extra dough out of your pocket.

You could also find a set of aftermarket/other OEM wheels that you like with tires for <1000, such as ASAs, or OEM M3 wheels (with spacers) --

My Cars
    E36/8, E36/7
    I just don't know how hard it is to find a set of OEM rims, or where to look for them.
    You can find Roadstars in the For Sale subforum of the Z3 section. I bought a set last year off this site. Also, check Ebay and Craigslist. As a last resort, use www.realoem.com to get the part numbers and order a new set from any dealer. That will be closer to $3K, though.

My Cars
    E36M3/E46M3/E39M5/E63M6
    They are not rare or expensive. I think I bought a freshly refinished set for $400 or so when I bought my car 2 years ago. I admit, it was a good price, but they can be had for $500-600 easily.
    E36/8 2000 M Coupe Cosmos Black/Black
    Shark, Conforti CAI, B&B Exhaust, H&R, Bilstein, AKG Subframe/Diff, UUC TME Red/Caps, Swapped Front Hats, Ice>Link.
    ================================================== =======================

My Cars
    Coupes...
    No one wants the stock wheels now, but in another 10 years they will be willing to kill you to get a nice set.

My Cars
    E36/8, E36/7
    Quote Originally Posted by mpire
    No one wants the stock wheels now, but in another 10 years they will...
    Completely agree.

My Cars
    Alpine Dinan S1 M3 Coupe
    Be funny if he was like "Yeah, they are something called fiskers or something like that" lol... Wait if they are those cheapo fikse wheels I will be nice and trade you a set of roadstars...
    Last edited by E36DinanM3; 09-14-2011 at 09:04 PM.
    Current Cars:
    1999 Z3M Coupe LSB/2004 Acura RSX Type S/2004 4 Runner Sport/1999 Civic DX "Motul" Chump Project

Past Cars:
    1997 Alpine Dinan S1 M3 2dr/2004 330i ZHP 6MT Imola/2002 IS300 Pearl/2000 M Roadster Imola/2003 M3 LSB SMGII/1998.5 M3 TIAG/2003 Kawi 636

1998 M3 Helrot/1994 325is Helrot/2003 G35 Coupe 6MT/1991 MR2 Turbo/1992 Integra LS

My Cars
    01 E36/8
    Quote Originally Posted by mpire View Post
    No one wants the stock wheels now, but in another 10 years they will be willing to kill you to get a nice set.
    I'll be armed and waiting......
    01 M S54 Estoril Coupe (Fun)16 Mini Clubman S(Daily)03 325i (Wifes Car)Your never further away from oblivion than a distracted soccer mom in a SUV.

My Cars
    Coupes...
    Quote Originally Posted by 01MCoupe View Post
    I'll be armed and waiting......
    We will see about that....

My Cars
    Porsche Carrera S
    I have one front and one rear 2000 M Coupe/M Roadster stock OEM wheels. They are the gun metal/smoke finish. They are brand new, never used, still in the box with original labels. A car wash scraped mine up, so they bought me these new ones. I sold the car with the old wheels. I would accept $450 for both wheels. Happy to send pics.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Roadster
    Full set of brand new Hypersilver Roadstars with OEM centercaps are currenty $1631.44 on ECS. Paying anything over $1K for used ones seems silly unless they're perfect.
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...36112228050kt/
    Last edited by dklay; 01-03-2017 at 04:46 PM.

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    $450 sounds like a great deal for two BNIB.

I've used these guys before. As far as I know, they refinish to OEM specs and offer free shipping:

http://www.hubcaphaven.com/c/635/bmw...eels_rims.html

I got my S8 wheels from them. I wasn't happy with one, so they sent another and paid return shipping.
    Nathan in Denver

1999 M Roadster, VFE V3 S/C, Randy Forbes Reinforced, Hardtop, H&R/Bilstein, Apex PS-7, Supersprint
    1999 Z3 2.8 Coupe, Headers, 3.46, Manual Swap, H&R/Koni, M Geometry/Brakes, M54B30 Manifold, Style 42

My Cars
    00 Z3 2.3
    5+ year old thread people....

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    And? All the recent comments are good info for anyone looking for Roadstars, no?
    Nathan in Denver

1999 M Roadster, VFE V3 S/C, Randy Forbes Reinforced, Hardtop, H&R/Bilstein, Apex PS-7, Supersprint
    1999 Z3 2.8 Coupe, Headers, 3.46, Manual Swap, H&R/Koni, M Geometry/Brakes, M54B30 Manifold, Style 42

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    I didn't notice! Still worthwhile info....

My Cars
    Coupes...
    I love these old reference threads.
    White is Right, Steel Grey is OK, but Estoril is the only color that truly matters.

I like Coupes.