Thread: Bumper upgrade (2011 -> 2014 m3)

My Cars
    m3

Bumper upgrade (2011 -> 2014 m3)

Hello, I posted in the 2011+ m3 thread also but it looks like activity is somewhat low and i feel this question could be answered by others that dont own the cars, if its the wrong place i apologize. So can somebody explain what would be involved in updating the entire front end of a 2011 M3 to look like the 2014 M3? i want authentic BMW parts, and im not worried about the money, however i do worry about having to alter the car itself as that is something i dont want to happen. I hit a truck tire on the throughway and need to replace the bumper, so if this is possible without having to customize the bolt connections or remolding to match the fenders, please let me know, i will be very grateful for any insight. And if somebody is willing to help me with this i will happily compensate for your expertise, just send a PM. i really just want the more pointed front grill and the headlights that connect to the grill like the f80 M3s. mine is an e92.

My Cars
    z3
    Way more work than it would ever be worth.

If you want a new M3 get a new M3. Hodgepodging older generation cars with newer generation body parts never looks good.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    '17 GTI,'99 M3,'86 190E
    None of those parts will fit your car. The contours, body lines and mounting points are all different. There would be much custom work required to make it happen, and the car would wind up looking worse than it does stock.

My Cars
    m3
    Quote Originally Posted by lithium726 View Post
    None of those parts will fit your car. The contours, body lines and mounting points are all different. There would be much custom work required to make it happen, and the car would wind up looking worse than it does stock.
    Thank you! and yes i know its a bad idea, but i cant just upgrade which is where my problem is, because an upgrade would be a downgrade. The problem is the 11 is heavily modified for performance and i cant just buy a new one, it would cost 10x more to bring a 14 up to where the 11 is performance wise. but oh well, figured as much, i hoped they may fit regardless of cost. thanks guys!
    Last edited by robbyJones; 06-20-2017 at 01:43 PM.

My Cars
    03 530i/5, e30 s52(Sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyJones View Post
    Thank you! and yes i know its a bad idea, but i cant just upgrade which is where my problem is, because an upgrade would be a downgrade. The problem is the 11 is heavily modified for performance and i cant just buy a new one, it would cost 10x more to bring a 14 up to where the 11 is performance wise. but oh well, figured as much, i hoped they may fit regardless of cost. thanks guys!
    How do you figure? If anything its the reverse. Also whats your definition of heavily modified? Fully built motor, supercharged, etc? Newer m3's are turbo'd and I highly doubt it would cost "10x more" to bring them to any level that an older m3 is at. Unless your m3 is supercharged or fully built, i dont see a newer m3 having any problems out performing it.

My Cars
    z3
    Yeah a new M3 with a chip and some bolt ons will beat most e92 m3 builds