Thread: Anyone currently using Carly for BMW?

My Cars
    2007 328xi

Anyone currently using Carly for BMW?

I have a 2007 328xi and am interested in using Carly for diagnostic and maybe a little of the coding. The good, the bad?
    I have zero experience with diagnostic software..... thanks

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    I have used Carly extensively since it first made its debut under the BMWhat title. Functionality has improved exponentially since ot was first introduced and updates are frequent. It works very well with genuine Carly adapters with doagnostic speed rivalling INPA. Simple coding is also often faster than using NCS.

My Cars
    2007 328xi
    Thanks Dave...

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    I did some checking on Carly. The adapter is $80. It comes with a free app that is read only. In order to do any coding requires purchasing the Pro version. There might be additional purchases required. According to reviews on Amazon the final total can be about $200.

Is this true? I'm not going to spend $200 on this.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    $200 would include a few in-app purchases like battery registration, but bear in mind that you no longer need a laptop and myriad of cables to connect to the full gamut of models from E36 to current, the app is always up to date courtesy of constant free updates, the adapter connection to the app is wireless, the app has some coding functionality as well as a "used car check" facility that will ensure there are no inconsistencies between modules fitted to the car, mileage is as displayed and even display average speed at which the car has been driven since new. I don't get any discount deals from Carly and have purchased their apps and adapters for BMW, Mercedes and VAG (i.e. Audi, Skoda & VW) since I already own several diagnostic laptops, diagnostic programs ranging from BMW Scanner to ISTA and a range of adapters the only motivation for me to go the Carly route was portability and convenience.