Thread: what is the issue with my E90?

My Cars
    2008 BMW 335i (e90)

what is the issue with my E90?

so i have an 08 335i. It was acting funny so i brought it into BMW for a diagnostic. The report said i needed all 6 injectors and a walnut blast. ok cool. I take the bimmer to my local bmw independent shop. I get the injectors changed, nut blast, valve cover gasket, and oil filter housing gasket replaced. I also added a BMS dci and a BMS oil catch as well as all spark plugs replaced. All 6 of the coil packs are under 2 years old. I bring the car home and i notice that i get a sputter when accelerating from under 2k rpms to about 3500 rpms. Its like a hicup. You can clearly hear the intakes sputtering like something is holding it back??? I personally feel like its a fuel issue but im not a master mechanic. I took the car back to the shop and they tested it and found that the LPFP was not reading correctly. soooo i had that replaced...... still same issue. i am uploading a video of my car sputtering in action. please listen to the intake closely i forgot to roll down the windows to hear it better... oops. any help would help. I have invested THOUSANDS into this car since ive had it. thanks

My Cars
    BMW 135i
    I had a similar issue on my Subaru BRZ, and it turned out the cam timing was off, side to side. Once the tuner figured that out the car ran perfectly.

I'm saying it maybe, possibly, might be something with your VANOS. maybe one of the solenoids not working perfectly.

My Cars
    2007 328i Sedan
    Honestly, I think Mike is on the right track here. A simple code check anywhere would tell you about cylinders misfiring and a coil pack (or 6) going bad. Plus, you make it sound like the only issue is around 2k rpms, not throughout the rev range... which again doesn't match a bad coil pack.

I'd clean and swap your solenoids, it's super easy, free... and can't hurt anything. If you want to get more involved, you can test them using GT1 or something like that.