Thread: ABS delete

My Cars
    97 328i, 11 Mustang GT

ABS delete

Okay I've been researching this for a while now, and I'm kinda confused, the car is dedicated track car. Butt from what I am understanding, if I just pull out the abs module and pump I will get a completely different brake bias unless I run it through a proportioning valve. I was considering getting a new module but those are expensive and I can't afford that.
    But just deleting it will give software issues as well won't it? Since it's all embedded in the dme?

I know you can press the button once to turn off traction control and hold it down to completely disable. But that doesn't work in my car I've tried pulling the switch and it looked fine no burned up solder joints or anything.

If anyone has any experience in this please help. I've been stumped on this for months.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnybgoode View Post
    Okay I've been researching this for a while now, and I'm kinda confused, the car is dedicated track car. Butt from what I am understanding, if I just pull out the abs module and pump I will get a completely different brake bias unless I run it through a proportioning valve. I was considering getting a new module but those are expensive and I can't afford that.
    But just deleting it will give software issues as well won't it? Since it's all embedded in the dme?

I know you can press the button once to turn off traction control and hold it down to completely disable. But that doesn't work in my car I've tried pulling the switch and it looked fine no burned up solder joints or anything.

If anyone has any experience in this please help. I've been stumped on this for months.
    I have experience with this, you can get a same model unit from a junkyard and place it in the car and code it to the car.

My Cars
    97 328i, 11 Mustang GT
    Yeah coding isn't something I can do and broke college kid... actually I'm gonna see if maybe the bulb is just burned out

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnybgoode View Post
    Yeah coding isn't something I can do and broke college kid... actually I'm gonna see if maybe the bulb is just burned out
    I'm a college student, it cost me 20 bucks for the cable, and 134 for a new junkyard unit. Pull the ABS codes, that'll tell you what's wrong.

My Cars
    97 328i, 11 Mustang GT
    The car is also over 1000 miles away so that's not beneficial in any kind of way

My Cars
    E53, E90, Triumph GT6
    The speed signal for the Speedometer, and well anything else that wants it, comes from the ABS computer. if you remove it you will need to find a new way to supply speed to your speedometer. And yes your car will trow a TON of codes without the ABS computer.

You could try just removing the electrical box from the ABS pump (leave the box plugged into the car). Will likely get errors but at least you will still get a speed signal.

My Cars
    97 328i, 11 Mustang GT
    E36's are so much easier to deal with lol. My father in law is looking into it because the guy I got it from told me it was disabled and I know he had to remove the cluster at one point so my father in law is checking into the bulb, if that's not the problem then I'll get the scan tool. I'm getting ready for an engine swap anyway. Mine probably won't last much longer and then I'm gonna remove literally everything and rewire it all.

My Cars
    '73 E9, '94 E34, '02 E46
    what this!? You can't resolve your ABS issue and yet you propose to "remove literally everything and rewire it all" on your next project?

this is where old bimmers go to die...
    Charlie

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to add value to these threads, either by pictures or by descriptions, so the next person with the same or similar problem stands on your shoulders.

My Cars
    97 328i, 11 Mustang GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Honolulu View Post
    what this!? You can't resolve your ABS issue and yet you propose to "remove literally everything and rewire it all" on your next project?

this is where old bimmers go to die...
    Did I say that's why I'm doing that?
    No I said it's a dedicated track car and I like doing unusual things like engine swaps.

My Cars
    97 328i, 11 Mustang GT
    If I could get it fixed quickly I would and not worry about anything until I'm ready to swap it.