Thread: Enduro people with stick fuel tanks

My Cars
    99 M3, 11 GT3RS

Enduro people with stock fuel tanks

Any tricks/ tips on fueling?

Ran a WRL event in the silver car this past weekend and we couldn't get more than 11 gallons in before we had a leak. Not coming from the filler either, Seems like it was coming from the front of the tank somewhere.

anyone have this problem? We lost massive time in the pits and could only run 25 laps/ stop. When we first filled up I did a 32 lap stint. Big difference
    Last edited by NotoriousJJE; 06-14-2017 at 01:36 PM. Reason: typo
    99 M3 STU/ GTS3 Project

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJJE View Post
    Any tricks/ tips on fueling?

Ran a WRL event in the silver car this past weekend and we couldn't get more than 11 gallons in before we had a leak. Not coming from the filler either, Seems like it was coming from the front of the tank somewhere.

anyone have this problem? We lost massive time in the pits and could only run 25 laps/ stop. When we first filled up I did a 32 lap stint. Big difference
    You mean Stock tank? There are at least two small vent lines from the passenger side tank to the filler neck. If you yanked those off during the build then that's likely where the leak is.

Look at the filler neck and see if you see two lines going to the top of the tank. It not there's your issue. You'll probably have to remove the tank to fix it although someone else may know better
    2002 BMW M Roaster.
    1998 BMW 328is SCCA E Production road racer.

My Cars
    99 M3, 11 GT3RS
    I will check those out but I didn't yank anything during the build. Only modifiaction is a bimmerword dual fuel setup.

Quote Originally Posted by CoMZ302 View Post
    You mean Stock tank? There are at least two small vent lines from the passenger side tank to the filler neck. If you yanked those off during the build then that's likely where the leak is.

Look at the filler neck and see if you see two lines going to the top of the tank. It not there's your issue. You'll probably have to remove the tank to fix it although someone else may know better
    99 M3 STU/ GTS3 Project

My Cars
    99 M3, 11 GT3RS
    HEre is a pic from under the car of the leak. Looks like it might come from that plus or even up above it.

99 M3 STU/ GTS3 Project

My Cars
    Let me look when I get home. That plug doesn't seem familiar to me.
    2002 BMW M Roaster.
    1998 BMW 328is SCCA E Production road racer.

My Cars
    e36 s54
    I had problems with a leaking tank, if you look at the picture you can see the blue vent pipe on the right of the tank? This had snapped and was causing the tank to leak if it was full or under hard cornering. I had to drop and replace the tank.
    also worth checking are the big rings that hold the fuel pumps in place, one of mine had a small hairline crack from overtightening which caused a very small leak, check the baskets around the fuel pumps too.
    are the new lines for the new fuel set up tight? It's quite fiddly to do the twin pumps set up with the tank in place.
    Attached Images Attached Images