Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: New tires/alignment - car still pulls to right

My Cars
    2013 BMW X6 xDrive50i

New tires/alignment - car still pulls to right

I had four new tires and an alignment done and my 2013 X6 but it still pulls to the right. Tires were swapped side to side and it still pulls. Made sure I wasn't on a crowned road and at higher speed, let go of the wheel and car pulls right. Break calibers were checked and all is well. Tire pressure is good also. Had an alignment done at another shop and car still pulls. Shop said there is a sensor that needs to be reset. BMW says no there isn't. I'm at a loss...

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    What sensor did the shop say needed replacement?
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    Did they printout a before/after alignment spec sheet for you at both shops?

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    It must be either the alignment (including steering rack/alignment), tire damage or very uneven pressure, or some very loose or damaged suspension component in the front. It could also be a brake pad dragging on one side, but you can eliminate that pretty quickly by checking for excess heat/dust on one side after driving, and also checking your brake pads and caliper guide pins (only takes a few min). Since you said the calipers were checked, I doubt something as obvious as a stuck caliper would be the cause.

Any alignment shop that knows what they're doing should center the steering as part of the procedure since they adjust the tie rod ends to set the front toe, and if anything is broken/damaged to the point of causing the car to still drift one direction they should be able to quickly tell you what the issue is. Especially if you mention it before taking it in. Also make sure your shop is aligning the car using the correct procedures including weighting the driver's seat, and optionally the passenger seats and trunk, to actual driving conditions. For instance, when my car gets aligned I have them put my body weight in the driver's seat since I want it aligned for me in an empty car alone.
    1999 M3/2/5 - Titanium Silver - Track/Weekend Toy