Thread: Cables??

Cables??

Hi guys
    Just bought a 2003 x5 d sport 3.0.
    I've got a couple of questions!
    1. In the boot to the left (passenger side) behind the pull out panel I have loads of cables not connected to anything. They look like audio cables. Does anyone know what they could be for?
    2. I have an "*****" touch screen system with sat nav, TV, BT, radio, etc. And there's a setting on it for a reversing camera which I turned on but when I put the car into reverse the screen just goes black. So obviously there is no camera installed so just wanna know, can I just buy a camera and fit it or is there more to it than that? Is one of the cables mentioned earlier for a reversing camera?
    Any help would be great!
    I have pics but not sure how to add them!

My Cars
    E90, E46
    You bought it used and somebody has monkeyed around and installed a bullshit subwoofer audio system in the past which was removed when you bought the truck.
    who knows what options it has, what works and what doesn't now and what issues installing that crap will cause down the road.
    Many people don't realize these audio systems operate as a whole and when 1 part goes down the whole system gets screwy due to using fiber optics ( MOST ) system but aftermarket audio shops are happy to take people's money to install subs on systems they know nothing about.
    if you run into any issues your going to have to pay a dealer to remove that rats nest which can get pricey depending on how modified it is.
    best of luck