Hello fellow enthusiasts, after a long time of snooping around these forums it's finally time to make my first post.

My name is George, I live in Sydney Australia and about a month ago I bought my first car! A one owner Azure Blue 1992 735iL with 144000kms. Well maintained, drives well. Inspection two green bars away.
I've always admired E32's more than any other BMW but have always wanted a Merc. Saw this car online and just couldn't not buy it for the price. Interior is alright, rear seats have only a few minor scratches and blemishes, front seats are average. All seats where a brownish colour when I acquired the car so I bought Swissvax Leather Cleaner Forte and it's like magic, excellent stuff and highly recommended.

Few issues with it (that I can tell):
  • Shimmy
  • Seat twist
  • Engine ticks (valve timing probably off)
  • A lot of vibration through the car. I know the M30B35 isn't the silkiest of engines, but seems a bit excessive. Vibrations move from left to right, if you know what I mean.
  • When idling it sounds like the fan speed is constantly going up and down. Hard to explain. RPM's don't move from 750 tho and the sound stays the same when the temperature gauge is in the middle. Not sure whether this is an issue or just how the engine is.

Other than that, little stuff like the rear left door lock gets stuck so I have to relock and unlock again to get it open. No dramas. Steering makes a noise as if air is escaping when on full lock.

But above all, it feels special and puts a smile on my face. I look forward to the adventure of owning a modern classic and getting acquainted with the members here. Soon I will be able to share my experiences and hopefully make some meaningful contributions to the forum.