Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: E36 M3 Schrick 276/270 cams DYNO

My Cars
    skateboard

E36 M3 Schrick 276/270 cams DYNO

Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    You just need a lift, a shop, and free time. Isn't that what you bought the CT house for?
    Nope. I bought it to escape NYC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GG///M3; 01-02-2021 at 10:06 AM.
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Working on the car is a good escape. I have a full shop in one house, am considering one in another, and told my wife that if we buy a third house it has to have space for a shop with liftm

My Cars
    skateboard
    Working on the car is a good escape. I have a full shop in one house, am considering one in another, and told my wife that if we buy a third house it has to have space for a shop with liftm
    Yea I hear ya. I have 2 young ones, so besides oil changes and minor little maintenance items I don't have the time yet.

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    We have a 24 year old but he is out of the house. Buy a newer, fun car you don't have to worry about. Leave the E30 and E36 for the young with lots of time or the old with nothing better to do. Newer M3 or 5 or 6, Cayman or 911, E63 AMG, New Alfa, muscle xar, etc.

My Cars
    98 m3
    Quote Originally Posted by Foda420 View Post
    He just did my 286 cam setup. We also got to hang out for a while. Cool dude, really knows his stuff. He's Volloso on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jakermac View Post
    How much will you be paying for an off the shelf tune? Why not hook up with a reputable tuner and get a tune specific to your exact engine configuration and condition? I've been working with Zack at 22RPD.com. We've seen some great results.
    You guys are alright in my book.

J, i love how you never post any numbers hah. I really wish we had a working dyno the other day. A 3.2 obd1 with 264s and a nicely ported head picked up over 15whp with a retune and he originally did 270whp on castros dyno.. he got two seconds out of it all else the same and said he had another 2 with a few more laps..

Foda, if his car did 270 at castros and baselined 24X... them your car did 260whp tuned i think 275 is a safe number get to a working glory dyno!

1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold
    1998 M3 Turbo Arctic/black - current
    2004 Built motor TiAg/Black - Sold
    2008 E61 19T Turbo-Wagon - current
    2011 E82 135i - S85 Swap - current
    1998 M3 Cosmos S54 swapped Sedan - current

1998 Turbo: PTE6870 | 1.15 ar | Hp Cover, Custom Divided T4 bottom-mount, 3.5" SS exhaust, Dual Turbosmart Compgates, Turbosmart Raceport BOV, 3.5" Treadstone Intercooler, 3.5" Vibrant resonator and muffler, Arp 2k Headstuds | Arp 2k Main studs | 87mm Je pistons | Eagle rods | 9.2:1 static compression, Ces 87mm cutring, Custom solid rear subframe bushings, Akg 85d diff bushings, 4 clutch 3.15 diff, , Poly engine mounts, UUC trans mounts W/ enforcers, 22RPD OBD2 Stock ECU id1700 E85 tune, 22RPD Big power Transmission swap w/ GS6-53

My Cars
    '98 M3
    I have a 4 post lift at home, lets me put 3 cars and my motorcycle in my 3 car garage. Also makes working on the cars so much easier. Knowing how to fix something on the track car (M3) ensures that I can fix it myself and get the car back on track ASAP. It's also helpful to not have to pay $125 an hour, the latest work I did yesterday would probably cost me $1000 in labor at a shop.

Our next house will have enough land that I can build a shop on it, I want to add a 2 post lift and have enough room to store my trailer there.
    '03 911 Turbo 6MT fun car
    '18 Toyota Land Cruiser Daily driver/Ski Machine/Off Roader
    '15 Cayenne Diesel Wife's DD
    '17 KTM 690 "Adv" 2 wheeled Adventurer

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Quote Originally Posted by GG///M3 View Post
    Nope. I bought it to escape the massive amounts of idiots I deal with in NYC.

You should have come to long Island and paid double for everything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWyte View Post
    I have a 4 post lift at home, lets me put 3 cars and my motorcycle in my 3 car garage. Also makes working on the cars so much easier. Knowing how to fix something on the track car (M3) ensures that I can fix it myself and get the car back on track ASAP. It's also helpful to not have to pay $125 an hour, the latest work I did yesterday would probably cost me $1000 in labor at a shop.

Our next house will have enough land that I can build a shop on it, I want to add a 2 post lift and have enough room to store my trailer there.
    Quote Originally Posted by LockDots View Post
    You should have come to long Island and paid double for everything

I hear ya guys. I current have a deep 1 car garage attached to my house. Plan is to build a detached garage with 12 foot high ceilings, and install a lift.

Sorry for the OT OP.

― George Orwell

My Cars
    Many
    You can absolutely make 275-280RWP with a nice aggressive cam. I am running the Sunbelt 280/272 Stage 2 cams in a S52 with 24lb injectors, Tuner pullies, Supersprint euro headers with a custom 2.5" header back exhaust (resonator and Hushpower muffler). On the below dyno, it also had aFE intake, 3.5" MAF and Dinan BBTB. This was on stock valve springs as well.

I have since upgraded the intake to an RHD ITB setup with upgraded valves, valve springs and lifters. I have not been to the dyno. Have an appointment this Friday.

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by darbyfam View Post
    You can absolutely make 275-280RWP with a nice aggressive cam. I am running the Sunbelt 280/272 Stage 2 cams in a S52 with 24lb injectors, Tuner pullies, Supersprint euro headers with a custom 2.5" header back exhaust (resonator and Hushpower muffler). On the below dyno, it also had aFE intake, 3.5" MAF and Dinan BBTB. This was on stock valve springs as well.

I have since upgraded the intake to an RHD ITB setup with upgraded valves, valve springs and lifters. I have not been to the dyno. Have an appointment this Friday.
    Yes seen in your thread . Very impressive. I was thinking about going with a 3 inch exhaust setup .

― George Orwell

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Isn't that engine hp not whp?

My Cars
    Many
    That's WHP.

I may look at enlarging my exhaust later. Going to see what the dyno shows after the Megasquirt tuning.

My Cars
    Many Broken Ones

Why doesn't it hold uptop is my only question. Torque is super impressive but it's already falling off at 6k rpms or so...
    460whp/515wtq wifes MMW tuned 335i

My Cars
    Many
    Couple of reasons. (1) this dyno was done for NASA Classing only. NASA requires only 500 RPMs past peak. We just stopped revving after it reached a peak and (2) we believe the cams may be have been a custom set timed for lower end torque.

We will rev it out more this next time on the dyno.

My Cars
    skateboard
    Couple of reasons. (1) this dyno was done for NASA Classing only. NASA requires only 500 RPMs past peak. We just stopped revving after it reached a peak and (2) we believe the cams may be have been a custom set timed for lower end torque.

We will rev it out more this next time on the dyno.
    Imagine the gains with a 11.5.1 set of pistons.

― George Orwell

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    That's WHP.

I may look at enlarging my exhaust later. Going to see what the dyno shows after the Megasquirt tuning.
    Ah ok, sweet!
    The "at engine rpm" threw me off.

My Cars
    98' M3 264WHP!
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWyte View Post

That's on my life goals list right there! It would be so much easier to work on the car with a lift...

Nice numbers! I'm hoping I can pick up a few more whp with the proper 3.5" intake and BBTB!
    Current:
    1998 US m3 coupe.. Home-made Short Ram Intake with heat shield, BMW Factory X-Brace, Eibach Prokit Springs, Whiteline Front Swaybar, Sparco Front Strut Bar, Depo Headlights, Raceland Headers to full 3" with Vibrant Resonator & Muffler, m50 manifold, Markert Motor Works Custom Tune, Schrick 276/270, supertech springs, 24 lb injectors, all sitting on square Style 42s.

264whp/239wtq

Sold:
    1995 E34 525i ($400 daily)

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Something seems wrong with that graph. It is showing 279 lbs rwtq, which is impossible and it is ending at 6250 rpm, which is too low. With those cams, the limiter should be more like 7250. Graph it properly and I don't think the results will be the same but I would like to see them.

My Cars
    98 m3
    As a for fun datapoint since this has kinda gone OT.

Capture.PNG

272/258 cams, OBD1, 3l, meh-octane, minimal dyno time.

SAE 0.99 corr factor, Changed to uncorrected for the extra 1hp. Remote tuned no association with the dyno.

Sidebar, I got to play with a fancy vac head the other week. I would now argue they are worth the money. Working on getting the dyno graph from the operator but the car had the earliest highest torque i have ever seen along with the flattest torque.. It held to redline.. Kinda made me wanna go back to NA.

Cheers.
    1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold
    1998 M3 Turbo Arctic/black - current
    2004 Built motor TiAg/Black - Sold
    2008 E61 19T Turbo-Wagon - current
    2011 E82 135i - S85 Swap - current
    1998 M3 Cosmos S54 swapped Sedan - current

1998 Turbo: PTE6870 | 1.15 ar | Hp Cover, Custom Divided T4 bottom-mount, 3.5" SS exhaust, Dual Turbosmart Compgates, Turbosmart Raceport BOV, 3.5" Treadstone Intercooler, 3.5" Vibrant resonator and muffler, Arp 2k Headstuds | Arp 2k Main studs | 87mm Je pistons | Eagle rods | 9.2:1 static compression, Ces 87mm cutring, Custom solid rear subframe bushings, Akg 85d diff bushings, 4 clutch 3.15 diff, , Poly engine mounts, UUC trans mounts W/ enforcers, 22RPD OBD2 Stock ECU id1700 E85 tune, 22RPD Big power Transmission swap w/ GS6-53

My Cars
    Many
    Something seems wrong with that graph. It is showing 279 lbs rwtq, which is impossible and it is ending at 6250 rpm, which is too low. With those cams, the limiter should be more like 7250. Graph it properly and I don't think the results will be the same but I would like to see them.
    Read the response above on why we stopped at 6250. And why is it impossible to have 279 RWTQ? I agree it's a outlier for most S52s, but.....

My Cars
    Many Broken Ones
    280 is alot. Ive seen 250-255 a few times. By the looks of it you have funny cams or your intake cam is too advanced for that much torque and high end dive.
    460whp/515wtq wifes MMW tuned 335i

My Cars
    '98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by vollosso View Post

Capture.PNG

SAE 0.99 corr factor, Changed to uncorrected for the extra 1hp. Remote tuned no association with the dyno.

Sidebar, I got to play with a fancy vac head the other week. I would now argue they are worth the money. Working on getting the dyno graph from the operator but the car had the earliest highest torque i have ever seen along with the flattest torque.. It held to redline.. Kinda made me wanna go back to NA.

Cheers.
    Do you know if it was a VAC stage 2 or stage 3 head? Any idea on the cams that were in there. My buddy many years ago had vac do a stage 2 head with the mild schrick cams on his m3 and just chatting about it this weekend he said he had full torque in the low 3000s RPM range.

Just trying to gather as much info on all of this as I can, as I plan to tear into the motor next year to do the head gasket preventativley. And while I am in there...

My Cars
    e90 M3,X5,e46 racer
    Read the response above on why we stopped at 6250. And why is it impossible to have 279 RWTQ? I agree it's a outlier for most S52s, but.....
    That torque is for sure not wheel torque. Our fully built race engines get to 260 wheel torque. That's engine torque at best.
    Check out the 8legs Racing page: https://www.facebook.com/8legsRacing/

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    279 lbs rwtq is more than an outlier. Would be great if we could get 4.0L S65 torque out of our S52, but we can't. Especially with radical cams that move the power band up and past max VE where peak torque is normally made. I think something is wrong with your graph. Also, with 280/272 cams, your power peak will be well past 5700 rpm. It just is not adding up in a few different ways.

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by vollosso View Post

Capture.PNG

Cheers.
    I kinda wanna see what mine will do for torque without the limiter. Not gonna post it anywhere else as I don't wanna jinx it, but I might wanna push the NA limits of the S52 next year with some higher compression and E85. I'll prob need some better headers tho... LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by bimma360 View Post
    Do you know if it was a VAC stage 2 or stage 3 head? Any idea on the cams that were in there. My buddy many years ago had vac do a stage 2 head with the mild schrick cams on his m3 and just chatting about it this weekend he said he had full torque in the low 3000s RPM range.

Just trying to gather as much info on all of this as I can, as I plan to tear into the motor next year to do the head gasket preventativley. And while I am in there...
    It was a stage 2 head with the mild schricks. Was pretty impressive how early it came on and how long it held through the range.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast