Thread: New Car Dilemma... Z4m or Z4 3.is

My Cars
    2000 z3m roadster

New Car Dilemma... Z4m or Z4 3.5is

Howdy all..

I would appreciate some comments and insights to my new car purchasing dilemma..

I've been searching for a new "toy" to play with in my retirement years. I've been watching the Z4M market for some time. I recently found a 2007 Z4M red on red with 35k miles from a private seller. Just in the past week my local BMW deal got a Z4 3.5is in or trade with 24k miles, red on black. The problem I'm having is the pricing is very close, within $3k between the two. I really like the Z4M manual for it's back to the basics driving experience. But the 3.5is has the DCT and more modern features... What to do.. and no I can't afford to buy both.. haha

Thanks for your guidance.

Gramps

My Cars
    z3
    I think this is actually a very hard choice. The E89 will be the faster car objectively but the Z4M will probably be more fun to drive. The Z4 M Roadsters to me are not as great as the Coupes though, so for me I might lean towards the E89.

The only real answer here is to go drive both and see what YOU like. If your profile is accurate you are coming from a Z3M... I've owned about 10 Z3M's, two currently in my garage, so I would be very curious to hear your feedback on how these two newer Z's compare.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2000 z3m roadster
    So, after driving the Z4 3.5is and consulting my wife, we decided to get the z4 3.5is. My wife loves the color and the hardtop convertible. It also helps that it's a DCT and she can more easily drive it. I was impressed with the range of the power the twin turbos provide and warned my wife to use a soft foot when accelerating or she might end up in the ditch...

I'm sure the Z4M is more of a sports car and I will some day own one.. but for now we will be happy with the Z4 3.5is and have many enjoyable miles of top down touring.

Gramps
    Last edited by Gramps; 06-07-2017 at 06:17 PM.