Thread: 2014 BMW 335i Sport: Vibration at 75+ when Coasting

My Cars
    2014 BMW 335i Sport

Question 2014 BMW 335i Sport: Vibration at 75+ when Coasting

First-time BMW owner. 8-speed. Run Flats.

Strange vibration... 2-3 pulses per second. When I get to about 75-80 and I take my foot off the gas, there is a deep vibration but more like a rumble... inaudible... but I can feel it in the whole car. No effect on the steering wheel. When I put my foot back on the gas, I don't feel it any longer. I can feel it at lower speeds but it's not as obvious when I hit 7th gear coasting speeds.

Smooth as butter in First through Fifth gear. In 6th, it's slight. In 7th, it's the strongest. In 8th, it's slight like 6th gear.

Any ideas? I just purchased the car used with 26k miles... Technically, I'm still under warranty. Is this something you think I can get worked on under warranty?

My Cars
    '14 328xi Sport Line
    Quote Originally Posted by genobobeno View Post

Strange vibration... 2-3 pulses per second. When I get to about 75-80 and I take my foot off the gas, there is a deep vibration but more like a rumble... inaudible... but I can feel it in the whole car. No effect on the steering wheel. When I put my foot back on the gas, I don't feel it any longer. I can feel it at lower speeds but it's not as obvious when I hit 7th gear coasting speeds.

Smooth as butter in First through Fifth gear. In 6th, it's slight. In 7th, it's the strongest. In 8th, it's slight like 6th gear.

Any ideas? I just purchased the car used with 26k miles... Technically, I'm still under warranty. Is this something you think I can get worked on under warranty?
    If it's still under warranty, bring it in. They will either (1) tell you they can't reproduce the problem (although, you can request to ride along to point it out to them), (2) find the problem and diagnose it as covered, or (3) find the problem, and tell you it's not covered (like if it was a problem with a tire). You have nothing to lose by bringing it in rather than searching around on the internet for a solution.
    2014 328i xDrive | Black Sapphire / Black Red Dakota | Sport Line | Premium Pkg | Lighting Pkg | Cold Weather Pkg | Driver Assistance | Nav | Shift Paddles

My Cars
    2017 320i Xdrive
    Did you figure out what this was? How is the fuel economy since this started? I had a similar issue with rumbling/jerking in my VW Rabbit way back when. Might be as simple as a spark plug change!

My Cars
    2013 BMW 328xi

lugs lose.

Quote Originally Posted by genobobeno View Post

Retorque your wheel lugs I bet you that will fix it.