Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: M60 dudebros: Underdrive pulleys (VAC discontinued)

My Cars
    1995 540i/6
    I second that! I am interested to see numbers and feedback as I am also interested in purchasing!

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    We never had a chance to test on a local, stock car, unfortunately. The first batch sold quickly and went out across the country, and is installed on heavily-modified cars like UnrulyGrace’s built B44, and GazM3’s supercharged car, on which the gains will be greater.

I can tell you that on the M60, VAC’s near-identical pulley combo (our BMW WP pulley is simply cheaper, and lighter) reportedly made 8whp per their testing claims. We aren’t claiming the same without testing, but it is apples to apples.

We had a list of 12 interested parties before, so I’m hopeful we can draw some of those folks back in.
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

Quote Originally Posted by danespann View Post
    Every E34 needs the same things in the end.

My Cars
    1997 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedsBlue View Post
    We never had a chance to test on a local, stock car, unfortunately. The first batch sold quickly and went out across the country, and is installed on heavily-modified cars like UnrulyGrace’s built B44, and GazM3’s supercharged car, on which the gains will be greater.

I can tell you that on the M60, VAC’s near-identical pulley combo (our BMW WP pulley is simply cheaper, and lighter) reportedly made 8whp per their testing claims. We aren’t claiming the same without testing, but it is apples to apples.

We had a list of 12 interested parties before, so I’m hopeful we can draw some of those folks back in.
    I would be super interested. Although i have an e39, i ran a bigger power steering pump pulley off of a 335i temporarily and that alone felt the same as when i did the clutch fan delete. Issue was , that pulley didnt quite go in deep enough when mated to the power steering pump and made the belt squeak a little. The car did accelerate much more effortlessly. Im gonna guess about 10 horses or so, but every little bit helps. I mean 10 hp for under $150 is great. Angryasssolutions sells the under drive power steering pump and water pump pulley both for under $150 shipped for both pieces. Well worth it in my book.
    Last edited by ninetyseven1; 03-08-2019 at 08:33 AM.
    Electric Fan conversion, 840Ci thermostat, Dinan style CAI,de-screened MAF, Dinan transmission chip, 255lph LS1 fuel pump, drilled slotted rotors, 3.15 differential, Bel rx65 radar (hard-wired). Hemi Killer!

My Cars
    E34 540i6, E46 323i, E36
    I lost track of this thread previously but I’m down for a set at the ~$150 price point. Happy to send a deposit too. Where do we source the correct drive belt from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1997 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoky540i View Post
    I lost track of this thread previously but I’m down for a set at the ~$150 price point. Happy to send a deposit too. Where do we source the correct drive belt from?

Im not sure about the belt but I can find out. I know the stock belt will work with just the underdrive power steering pulley. That pulley should be about 10mm bigger than stock and that alone makes a HUGE difference in acceleration. It did for me. The water pump under drive pulley is another 4-5 mm bigger so that would require a different belt in that case. Here is the link to the pulleys
    https://www.angryasssolutions.com/pa...rdrive-pulleys
    Last edited by ninetyseven1; 03-08-2019 at 03:38 PM.
    Electric Fan conversion, 840Ci thermostat, Dinan style CAI,de-screened MAF, Dinan transmission chip, 255lph LS1 fuel pump, drilled slotted rotors, 3.15 differential, Bel rx65 radar (hard-wired). Hemi Killer!

My Cars
    95 540iT/6, W8 Wagon 6sp
    It appears that the 1605 mm length was not on any vehicle that was sold in the USA. So it's not readily available at your local parts store (but something very close might be). If you want the correct belt, do a web search for 7k1605 or 7pk1605 and you'll find lots on ebay. I bought a 2-pack of Continental belts several years ago for pretty cheap.

My Cars
    E34 540i6, E46 323i, E36
    Quote Originally Posted by ninetyseven1 View Post
    Im not sure about the belt but I can find out. I know the stock belt will work with just the underdrive power steering pulley. That pulley should be about 10mm bigger than stock and that alone makes a HUGE difference in acceleration. It did for me. The water pump under drive pulley is another 4-5 mm bigger so that would require a different belt in that case. Here is the link to the pulleys
    https://www.angryasssolutions.com/pa...rdrive-pulleys
    Thanks for the info!

My Cars
    1993 540i/6
    Id also be interested in a PS pulley for my 540i!
    Website says out if stock though!

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    Quote Originally Posted by ninetyseven1 View Post
    I would be super interested. Although i have an e39, i ran a bigger power steering pump pulley off of a 335i temporarily and that alone felt the same as when i did the clutch fan delete. Issue was , that pulley didnt quite go in deep enough when mated to the power steering pump and made the belt squeak a little. The car did accelerate much more effortlessly. Im gonna guess about 10 horses or so, but every little bit helps. I mean 10 hp for under $150 is great. Angryasssolutions sells the under drive power steering pump and water pump pulley both for under $150 shipped for both pieces. Well worth it in my book.
    Well cool! Just to be clear, we don't make an M62-specific water pump pulley. The Euro E34 WP pulley we use is not a fit for the E39.

And, we actually do not have a pulley on an E39, so we'd offer a discount to the first E39 buyer/installer willing to help us verify belt fitment!

Quote Originally Posted by Smoky540i View Post
    Smoky, we'll buy a batch of belts and offer them through our site!

Quote Originally Posted by Wcsco123 View Post
    Id also be interested in a PS pulley for my 540i!
    Website says out if stock though!
    Indeed; we sold out Batch 1, so the bump for this thread is to gauge interest on Batch 2, for which we need to take deposits before we commission this batch. We're up to our necks in E34 M5 development cost right now...
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    Edit
    Last edited by BleedsBlue; 03-13-2019 at 09:47 PM.
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

My Cars
    540i
    No concerns, I’m in!

My Cars
    1997 540i
    I will start a tentative list for Batch 2 at this point. When ready, I'll ask for a $50 deposit to help us fund production - collected via PayPal invoice, or another method if needed. No pressure, but here's what I'm seeing so far!

• Whotuckis
    • Oscar (contact via our website)
    • Ninetyseven1
    • Smoky540i
    • Wcsco123
    • Keithd (happy to put you in touch with buyers of Batch 1, if you have concerns)

This is already enough tentatively interested parties to commission a second batch; if we gain more interest, we can offer a discounted power steering pulley based on volume!

As is, at the original price of $115 for our PS pulley, we significantly undercut VAC's pulley price (which are now only available for the M62). VAC likes their margins.
    Im in as well, what is your paypal name so i can put down a deposit on the ps pulley? and how long before it will be shipped to me?

My Cars
    1995 540i/6
    I am in as well!

Please add me to the list, and I'll contribute a deposit. Just curious - will this batch include both Under drive and PS pulley and their respective hardware/belts, or just PS?

Thanks!

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    Edit: some easy research later, it turns out the underdrive kits for M62s use a bigger water pump pulley paired with a smaller power steering relative to our M60 PS pulley. Thanks to user Ninetyseven1, we can officially eradicate the fitment of this pulley on M62s. It is M60 only.

We checked on production cost vs volume, and that relationship has changed for us since we produced batch 1. I will leave the thread open and see how many we can gather! But at this time, we cannot commit to a production date. We’ll see how the thread goes

We apologize for our uninformed M62 misinformation - but this is the E34 forum, after all!
    Last edited by BleedsBlue; 03-13-2019 at 09:53 PM.
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

My Cars
    E34 540i/6
    Definitely interested. Just curious on actual cost?

Let me know if you need a deposit!

My Cars
    1995 540i/6
    Any update on potential pulley production for the M60?

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    Whoops, I let this thread slide.

We get very sporadic interest, but not enough concerted demand to pull the trigger on another batch. If the timing is right, I'll let folks chime in on this thread and it would absolutely help if people are deposit-willing. We are 100% self-funded.
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

My Cars
    1995 540i/6

We get very sporadic interest, but not enough concerted demand to pull the trigger on another batch. If the timing is right, I'll let folks chime in on this thread and it would absolutely help if people are deposit-willing. We are 100% self-funded.
    I'm in and happy with a deposit. I'm sure @M60Power is too along with the others listed previously.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 530i

I’ll commit to a set.

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    We'll again plan on a $50 deposit, which should be 35-50% of final product cost depending on numbers.

New list for 2020:

• Smoky540i
    • Wcsco123
    • Keithd
    • JThomp33
    • makaveli2k

Close to feeling confident about pulling the trigger for batch 2 here. Paging ClayGoo, and any other interested parties?

Quote Originally Posted by JThomp33 View Post
    I'm in and happy with a deposit. I'm sure @M60Power is too along with the others listed previously.
    Roger that, I have added you to the new list along with the most recent commenters. Unfortunately, we did determine that our pulley does not work on E39s, so @ninetyseven1 is out.
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

My Cars
    e34 540ia/e32 740il
    I'm not going to order these for my car (740il) because I don't really want to mess with the power steering hydraulic pump speed (dual vane pump that drives the rear LAD suspension). I'd probably be on board if I still had my 540i.

Glad to see you guys are developing and producing aftermarket parts for these old cars though!

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    Quote Originally Posted by m60power View Post
    I'm not going to order these for my car (740il) because I don't really want to mess with the power steering hydraulic pump speed (dual vane pump that drives the rear LAD suspension). I'd probably be on board if I still had my 540i.

Glad to see you guys are developing and producing aftermarket parts for these old cars though!
    No worries - chances are this pulley wouldn't be a fit for your M62 anyway! And cheers, appreciate the support
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

My Cars
    1995 540i/6
    No worries - chances are this pulley wouldn't be a fit for your M62 anyway! And cheers, appreciate the support

He has an E32 with the M60 (he's my brother) - so was hoping he'd want a set but forgot about the Suspension issue.

Check out his Manual swap build:

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...ual-Conversion

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    He has an E32 with the M60 (he's my brother) - so was hoping he'd want a set but forgot about the Suspension issue.

Check out his Manual swap build:

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...ual-Conversion
    Very cool! Not sure why I assumed E38, my bad.
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    I'm reaching out now via PM to those on the list to secure deposits! We've got about a week or so until we will pull the trigger on material, so now is the time to throw in

• Smoky540i
    • Wcsco123
    • Keithd
    • JThomp33
    • makaveli2k
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast