Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Finally a DSP ready head unit, the AVIN Avant-3

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN40iL View Post
    Exactly why I went with the Seicane S6902 instead, newer Android software!
    Any reviews on pics or videos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    BLK 01 sp, 20 Trail Boss
    Have you installed the Seicane S6902 in your IL yet ? I also was wondering if it came with everything you needed ? the website is A bit confusing to me it has all those options . I'm burn't out on the BMW system last year I replaced the screen on my monitor and it just took a crap so I'm going another way. I just want a plug and play system and I prefer the look of the Seicane S6902.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by setconstr View Post
    Have you installed the Seicane S6902 in your IL yet ? I also was wondering if it came with everything you needed ? the website is A bit confusing to me it has all those options . I'm burn't out on the BMW system last year I replaced the screen on my monitor and it just took a crap so I'm going another way. I just want a plug and play system and I prefer the look of the Seicane S6902.
    where have you being I had my install now for a while Actually 3 of us have the radio
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    2000 740iL - 07/99
    Quote Originally Posted by franco90 View Post
    Any reviews on pics or videos
    Quote Originally Posted by setconstr View Post
    Got my unit, haven't installed it yet, but quality wise it looks really good.

Also, this Seicane unit is going into my E53 X5, not my E38 iL.
    Follow me on Instagram @SEVEN40iL

My Cars
    1997 740i
    Looks like they are finally processing the preorders from earlier this year. Anybody on here ordered one?

My Cars
    740iL (E38 '01)
    Quote Originally Posted by noobbiker View Post
    Looks like they are finally processing the preorders from earlier this year. Anybody on here ordered one?
    Avin looks slimer something what I really like, let's wait and see the experience of those who installed it.

My Cars
    BMW 325 CI SMG
    Like some others, i asked Avin for the specifications and get the same mail back.

Here are a few features that we can share now about the new Avant-3.

The Avant-3 will look 98% like the OEM factory navigation system
    Harmon Kardon supported
    DSP is supported
    Onboard computer supported
    Android OS version 6.0
    8core CPU
    2GB RAM memory
    32GB Internal Storage.
    Bluetooth 4.0
    Option for Apple CarPlay / Android Auto
    Support for Valentine V1 Radar Detector
    All new radio tuner with the best reception
    DAB+ support for Europe
    More powerful amplifier with nice clean sound
    4V RCA Preamp Output
    10,000 uF Capacitor
    3 USB Ports
    Sdcard support up to 256GB
    Display Resolution 1024x600
    Long range WIFI support for both 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ bands
    4G LTE built-in
    Your head unit will be able to have its own phone number, make and receive calls without ever being connected to your mobile phone.
    Support Tire Pressure Monitor System.
    Digital TV ATSC and DVBT
    Bluetooth OBD2 for Torque performance and diagnostic.

No word about the parts used in this device.

My Cars
    E38
    I'm high key thinking about this if it's truly plug and play.

I don't know though... my GROM is great too

Someone needs to buy it and post a vid lol
    Last edited by shanecarmaster1; 12-10-2017 at 05:30 PM.
    E38 M Sport 6 Speed MANUAL

My Cars
    1997 740i
    To me, I wish they’d leave off and of the extra gadgets and just use the best components. Who wants to use their radio to make calls? Who wants to use ms word on their radio? Do we need an amplifier to run the speakers if the car already had an amp?

My Cars
    E38
    I wonder if I can use a quality amp and forego DSP, or if it needs to be integrated with DSP. I wonder if all the DSP and "effects" shown on that head unit would still work as well. DSP sounds decent, but eh. With my luck, it'd sound worse with something else.

My Cars
    Check the Signature
    Well looks great, I would just like to see someone here actually get one and install it.
    Present:
    '96 750iL (Project)
    '95 C1500 350 V8
    '03 540i M Sport AT
    '22 GMC Sierra 1500 DD
    '92 Olds Toronado Trofeo (Project)

Past:
    '93 325is (Parted)
    '95 840Ci (Sold)
    '86 735i (Parted)
    '02 Z3 3.0i (Sold)
    '09 328i (Leased)
    '91 750iL (Parted)
    '00 Z3 2.5i (Sold)
    '86 944 NA AT (Sold)
    '84 633 CSi (Sold)
    '06 X3 3.0 (Sold)
    '20 M2:Competition 6spd (Sold)

My Cars
    1997 740i
    There’s RCA outputs for an amp, 4V, which is actually really good! You can hook up and aftermarket amp no problem

My Cars
    E38
    Do you think the headunit would change/improve sound quality with DSP, or just the same as stock?

My Cars
    1997 740i
    I would guess it’s better. The stock system isn’t any good IMO. But I only consider the aftermarket amp for a new sub and more flexibility with the crossover setup.

My Cars
    E38 L7, E93 335is
    Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN40iL View Post
    Got my unit, haven't installed it yet, but quality wise it looks really good.

Also, this Seicane unit is going into my E53 X5, not my E38 iL.
    Would it even fit in your E38? Is it flat on the back or does it have a piece sticking out that won't work with the placement of the E38 HVAC?
    StirlingM5
    Alpina.ca

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by StirlingM5 View Post
    Would it even fit in your E38? Is it flat on the back or does it have a piece sticking out that won't work with the placement of the E38 HVAC?

yes IT will fit I got one
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    E38 L7, E93 335is
    Quote Originally Posted by franco90 View Post
    yes IT will fit I got one
    Thanks! That's great 'cause it's half the price and has DVD.
    StirlingM5
    Alpina.ca

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    yes you will need to modify frame a little but it will fit
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    2000 E39 M5 Dinan S2
    Quote Originally Posted by noobbiker View Post
    To me, I wish they’d leave off and of the extra gadgets and just use the best components. Who wants to use their radio to make calls? Who wants to use ms word on their radio? Do we need an amplifier to run the speakers if the car already had an amp?
    Yes, having a built in amp is actually a very nice option. In an E39, the DSP amp means you have 6 channels up front, and no one can find a replacement for the midrange speaker... so having a single, full frequency channel with some power means 1) I don't need an amp (yet) and 2) I can use much higher quality 2 way speakers and not lose any range.

The point of the head unit originally is for it to be a stereo, so, at least in my opinion, it needs to do stereo stuff well. 4V pre-outs, a strong internal amp and integration into stock DSP amps means it can be a very flexible head unit / stereo.

The rest... I'm with you.

My Cars
    1997 740i

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    looks like a easy set up but after watching the video, I got turn off by the radio display. the pictures show one display and the video shows a different display.
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    2001 bmw 740il

Avant -3

You said you are going to do a DIY on the new Avant-3 for our E38, we haven't heard from you, and the Avant-3 been out for some time now. Did you change your mind? DO YOU STILL PLAN TO DO IT? WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW.

My Cars
    2001 bmw 740il
    Do you still plan to do the DIY on the Avant -3? I am looking around and everyone seems to talk about the New Avant-3 but haven't seen a post on the installation.

My Cars
    2001 E38 740i, 99 750i
    Any feedback on Avi. Unit I thought would be on this forum, anybody?

Keen to see a fair report before I bring one over to NZ

My Cars
    2009 F02 740Li
    Well my 5 cents worth. I ordered the unit today as I had previously used their older unit in my E39 M5 and whilst the fit wasn't perfect the retards that installed it were more to blame. I initially tried an aftermarket style double din Kenwood from memory but they could get it to work so I went with the AVIN. You US guys are lucky because everything is so cheap but we seem to pay double for everything her in Australia so the AVIN unit isnt that bad plus it looks closer to stock. I also used Bavsound and a GAS passive crossover to get everything talking to each other and it was a fairly expensive exercise topping out at close to $4k with install and while it wasn't audiophile quality it was pretty damn good. I am not sure if I will tackle an install myself but I am also a little wary of so called "pro installers"
    2009 F02 740Li

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast