BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 2003 BMW 540i MSport 6 Speed Black/Black 160k - No Longer Available

My Cars
    95 540i6, 03 540i Msport

2003 BMW 540i MSport 6 Speed Black/Black 160k - No Longer Available

2003 BMW 540i MSport 6 Speed Black/Black 160k

Hey guys,

It's time to let my E39 go to a new home. I love this thing but I'm about to move and need a wagon for my new job. I picked this beauty up from the second owner in the beginning of this year and had plans to keep it long-term but life had other plans and it?s time to pass him on to someone who can finish bringing him back to full glory.

This car could be a showstopper with a little more TLC but the beauty of these cars is their subtly. I had plans to do a full performance suspension, exhaust, and tune but plans have changed and I need to find Clarkson a new home. I still have the receipt in the glovebox from where the previous owner bought this car in 2007 for $33,000! Clean E39?s are getting harder and harder to find, let alone a 540i 6 Speed AND this car is a true black on black MSPORT.
    Clean title, clean car fax, southern car it?s entire life! I?ve changed the oil every 5,000 miles with Motul Race Synthetic 10W60 and have receipts going back several years.

The Good:
    Interior is in excellent condition. No rips or cracks in the seats, carpet is free of tears or stains. Drivers side bolster has some normal wear but I believe it should be repairable.
    NO burned out pixels in the dash or information display - previous owner had them repaired.
    Engine and trans run great and pull strong and hard.
    Brand new driveshaft, guibo, and transmission mounts.
    AC blows ICE cold.
    Both heated seats work great.
    Stereo sounds fantastic
    Muffler delete ? Has a slight growl under full throttle but barely louder than stock at idle
    Just replaced last month: New air and cabin filters, coil packs and spark plugs (parts alone were over $400) ? purchased new fuel filter as preventative maintenance but haven?t installed it yet
    Radiator and entire cooling system have been replaced within the last two years
    Coolant flush performed and expansion tank hose replaced last month
    NO check engine light, ABS light, or fault codes.
    Engine runs smooth and pulls strong all the way to the redline, transmission shifts smoothly and clutch feels good.

Things That Need Attention:
    Paint needs a good buff to bring it back to life after a few years of sitting outside.
    Passenger front window does not roll down (needs a regulator ? maintenance item on BMW?s of this era).
    Passenger seat has the typical broken seat cable and therefore does not recline. This is a fairly straight forward repair but not one I wanted to tackle.
    Engine has a small oil leak ? oil pan gasket seems to be the main cause; the valve covers are slightly seeping as well but it?s not enough to need to add oil between changes
    Tires need to be replaced: the previous owner let the tire pressure get too low and thus two of the four tires wore unevenly. The front drivers side had worn so badly that cord started to show so I swapped it out for the spare wheel. This isn?t noticeable from a cosmetic standpoint since the spare is also a 17? style 32 but due to the tire not being balanced the same as the others there is a vibration in the steering at certain speeds.
    To bring this car back to official MSPORT specs the steering wheel would need to be replaced for the proper MSPORT wheel, and the wheels would need to be replaced with Style 37 M-Parallel?s. I had plans to bring this car back to full spec but no longer have the time to do so.
    Rear passenger seatback has a 10?x10? section where a red can of paint or something sprayed onto it.. I?ve tried various cleaners to no avail and since replacing the seat back wasn?t something I wanted to do I?ve just lived with it. It?s not terribly noticeable unless you?re looking for it.
    Currently has a ?check side lights? fault code in the OBC which I believe is due to one of the marker bulbs being blown but I haven?t taken the time to track it down.

This is an enthusiast?s car and I want it to go to someone who will value and appreciate him the way I have. Texting is the best way to reach me if you?d like to see the car in person.

List Date: 5/30/2017

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2003 BMW 540i MSport 6 Speed Black/Black 160k
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

Last edited by TheNatrE34; 05-30-2017 at 03:02 PM.

My Cars
    95 540i6, 03 540i Msport
    Bump
    1995 BMW 540i 6 Speed Sport Orient/Dove
    2003 BMW 540i 6 Speed MSport Sapphire Metallic/Schwartz
    1993 Honda Accord EXL 'Mileage Disposal Vehicle'

My Cars
    95 540i6, 03 540i Msport
    *Price Drop: $6,000*
    1995 BMW 540i 6 Speed Sport Orient/Dove
    2003 BMW 540i 6 Speed MSport Sapphire Metallic/Schwartz
    1993 Honda Accord EXL 'Mileage Disposal Vehicle'

My Cars
    1997 528i/5, 1997 528i/5
    So sorry to see you selling this. GLWS though!!
    Wade