Thread: air bag module coding

My Cars
    2001 740il Highline

air bag module coding

I got an airbag module form the the junk yard and I need it coded to my car. can someone with gt1 help me out. I'm tired of looking at that airbag light. I'm in central jersey. thank you in advance.
    Last edited by JamesBondBimmer; 05-28-2017 at 11:57 PM.

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Hello - try posting in the Regional forum on where to look, you may get more eyes on it there. Best of luck!
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    I can code it for u but u need to come to LONG Island on a weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    2001 740il Highline
    I have no problem traveling. you free this Saturday? do I have to instal it first or can it be coded with a cable directly to the computer?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBondBimmer View Post
    I got an airbag module form the the junk yard and I need it coded to my car. can someone with gt1 help me out. I'm tired of looking at that airbag light. I'm in central jersey. thank you in advance.
    thank you for the advise.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    I have no problem traveling. you free this Saturday? do I have to instal it first or can it be coded with a cable directly to the computer?

- - - Updated - - -

thank you for the advise.
    you can installed it them we can code it, but remember you got the part from a junk yard so I hope it works.
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    750iL; 330Ci cab; 5GT
    Have you tried clearing the fault with INPA - that works ok

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisn7 View Post
    Have you tried clearing the fault with INPA - that works ok

That's what I am going to do clear the code them scan it again to see if it goes away if not I just re code the new module
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    2001 740il Highline
    So this Saturday then?

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Friday night I can meet you after 6 pm if u want

El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    2001 740il Highline
    Friday is cool. text me your address again.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Well we try to read the codes on the car and the codes won't erased so maybe it is the actual airbag since we all know there is a recall for the steering wheel airbag

El Cid 1999 IL