Hey All,

My first post here after countless hours of searching and no definite answers, so if I have asked something which has already been dealt with, please point me in the right direction

I recently picked up a 2001 e46 325 Ci (Convertible), non Harman Kardon, built in Germany and imported to Hong Kong. It came Business MD Player (who uses that anyway). I did see a CD Player in the trunk but the radio does not provide that option (gives only MD / AM / FM, assuming the CD Player has gone kaput). Been listening off Spotify via an FM transmitter so you can imagine the horrendous quality coming out.

Simply put, I want to get a better listening experience and would like to do things on my own (not helped by the fact that anything in Hong Kong touched by a person tends to shoot the price by 5/6 times)

1) Does this car come with an amp or are the speakers run by the head unit? In this case, would a swap of the head unit help (considering the Pioneer MVH580BT)
2) If this does come with an amp, where can I find it and what are the options available for an upgrade (without taking out factory wiring)
3) If I just swap the head unit and get in better speakers, would I still need to replace the amp?

Maybe if some of them are answered, then I can get a move on what I want to do.

Wanderer