Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok folks! Real photos from Italy's new 8-series unveiling.

My Cars
    1991 850i / 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Linwood Mingis View Post
    Perhaps this car will make its mark on the world stage of supercars much better than the first 8 did back in the day!!!
    Finally, I find this car really exciting. But, by the time its depreciation curve puts it in my price range I will most likely be dead. Oh well!!!!!
    Great candidate for the next Bond car. Positively a beautiful well balanced functional design, big mouth and all. Go for it Alec.

My Cars
    8 - 850i (2 -6 speeds)
    I was hoping for a car with "knock down" effect, but this one is not it. BMW called the E31 "The Soul of The Company" - This front of this new 8 is so big, it let all the soul out and removed ANY hint of lineage even though the front of the E31 is one of its unique features - its what makes it recognizable from FAR FAR away. The air intakes on the front look like the exhaust ports on a large lawn mower - I'm just waiting for grass and weeds to come flying out. The side view is better, but a Koenig Wide Bodiied E31 has it beat. The rear -- well if it has to look like that - you might as well buy the Aston. IMHO - not worthy of the 8 badge - go back to the drawing board and do it over.
    84 E31 cylinders - 72 Running

My Cars
    997tt,850,02m5,w140 s500
    it takes nothing from the e31.. so why call it 8 series?? the golden 8 design, still needs work, but there are SOME features that are recognizable. so i like where that was going..

but this design? no... the kidney grill needs to be small, pointed, like a shark. instead it looks like a chromed out version of the furnace in home alone..

bmw can make a futuristic car without going crazy. the back of the car is just ugly. tail lights look like some kid with aspergers scribbled his name, and bmw thought it looked good.

and how in the world are you supposed to see the texting teen in your blind spot with those side mirrors?

My Cars
    are slow
    Quote Originally Posted by btnh View Post
    it takes nothing from the e31.. so why call it 8 series?? the golden 8 design, still needs work, but there are SOME features that are recognizable. so i like where that was going..

but this design? no... the kidney grill needs to be small, pointed, like a shark. instead it looks like a chromed out version of the furnace in home alone..

bmw can make a futuristic car without going crazy. the back of the car is just ugly. tail lights look like some kid with aspergers scribbled his name, and bmw thought it looked good.

and how in the world are you supposed to see the texting teen in your blind spot with those side mirrors?
    More numbers and weird body styles = more monies to be made. I bet those 9 series rumors are true.

btw I have aspergers and I'm reporting you to the internet police for harassment.
    Last edited by XAlt; 05-31-2017 at 08:45 AM.

My Cars
    Cool Volvo, Ugly BMW
    I'm lost - if the current F12's rear windows rolled down, it would be the closest thing to our cars atm. Maybe I'm just tired?

articleLeadwide-1zv7h-ImageCut-16-750x422.jpg
    What "thumbs up" really means

My Cars
    95 BMW 850
    ^That's a good looking coupe. The new 8 is going to a supercar. The dealer was pointing out the competition is the new Mercedes. Mercedes is working on their F1 street car. I don't know if BMW has the answer to that tech. Mercedes thinks they are first at 3-4 electric motors mated to a turbo 6 when Honda already has one. That Honda seems to be a sales flop though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12