Thread: Cassette Deck

My Cars
    1996 BMW 840ci

Cassette Deck

Hi All!
    This is my first time using this forum and I'm really hoping you all can help me out here but I put in a cassette tape in my BMW and it didn't take the tape so I just went ahead and pulled it out but now it still thinks there's a tape in there. It says "Track 1" and I can't seem to switch back to my normal music source which is the FM radio. I tried what I can to switch it back to the radio but literally nothing is working. I turn it off and on, I press (and hold) the eject button but it just won't budge. Is there any easy or cheap way I can reset the head unit so I can listen to the radio again?
    Thanks!
    Sacha

My Cars
    '95 840Ci/6, F36, E89
    Sach, you must be older than me if you still have cassettes! Pull that thing, put in a nice bluetooth-enabled head unit. Cheaper than replacing the original and you'll actually get some use out of it. If you're looking for an OEM look find a Becker. Or spend a weekend and put in one of these. Haha on standby for incoming...

IMG_5242.jpg

My Cars
    1996 BMW 840ci
    My dad bought the car a little before I was born and gifted it to me as a birthday present when I turned 16 and got my license. (I'm 17 now lol) Its completely stock and really clean inside and out, I have all the mechanical work receipts and original parts that broke and gotten replaced so it's always been more of a restoration project for me and I'm really proud of lengths I've gone to preserve the originality. While a fancy new head unit like that looks really tempting I only intended to use the cassette tape deck to play some oldies my mom and dad have (It doesn't have a multi disc system in the trunk by the way, only the cassette deck in the head unit) I was originally planning on buying a cassette adapter to use my phone to listen to music, I usually only listen to the radio when I drive it. Is there any way at all I can reset the radio without pulling the thing apart? My dad suggested unplugging the battery and then plugging it back in to see if that would do anything.
    Thanks!
    Sacha