Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jag rear table retrofit.

Alpine 7even is offline The King Of E38 Custom BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    e38 iL, F-e38 iL, e23 L7

Jag rear table retrofit.

I was super bored today and decided to do a thing. I took some factory e38 rear upper seat trim and installed jaguar rear tray tables. I also did some light modding to the seat trim as well. Because let's face it, jag tables look like garbage simply attached to the trim. I'm not finished yet. But they look decent. Not quite sure what I'll do with them.once finished. I just wanted to see how they look done correctly (my humble opinion of course).

Enjoy the pictures. Pretty self explanatory and in order.
    Before pic

Build up material setting up

Fits nicely

Ready to be trimmed

Suede and leather with an oem style.stitch to match the dash console etc

Just need to wrap the seat back trim in leather tomm. and start the leather work.on the next one.

-2000 iL Individual. VF Supercharged at 12psi, Dinan MAF and TB, 6spd 420g swap, Euro under body guards, strong strut, N62 engine cover, Hydro trunk, Full suspension mods, Brembo F+R big brakes, custom headliner/interior, Bi-Xenon headlights, wide screen nav/mk4, Custom splash screen (I make them), coded video module with custom made harness, reverse camera, Intravee II, factory rear screen entertainment console, rear comms armrest, rear blower, seat back tables and writing tablet, all euro options coded on etc.
    -1997 iL. Pioneer 8500nex double din/Avic navigation, swc and dsp still functional. Reverse camera, full suspension upgrades, leather dash, console and door cards, rear blower, Re-upholstered seats, facelift sport contour seats, heated steering wheel, 750 front brakes, custom cup holder replacing the front ash tray, all euro options coded, headliner in black, rear headliner MID console.

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Always impressive! Ill send you my jag tables too ha... What's with the feet in the background ;p

My Cars
    e38 iL, F-e38 iL, e23 L7
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecty View Post
    Always impressive! Ill send you my jag tables too ha... What's with the feet in the background ;p
    Thanks man, go for it lol.

As for the feet (and legs), I fabricate prosthetics for a living.

-2000 iL Individual. VF Supercharged at 12psi, Dinan MAF and TB, 6spd 420g swap, Euro under body guards, strong strut, N62 engine cover, Hydro trunk, Full suspension mods, Brembo F+R big brakes, custom headliner/interior, Bi-Xenon headlights, wide screen nav/mk4, Custom splash screen (I make them), coded video module with custom made harness, reverse camera, Intravee II, factory rear screen entertainment console, rear comms armrest, rear blower, seat back tables and writing tablet, all euro options coded on etc.
    -1997 iL. Pioneer 8500nex double din/Avic navigation, swc and dsp still functional. Reverse camera, full suspension upgrades, leather dash, console and door cards, rear blower, Re-upholstered seats, facelift sport contour seats, heated steering wheel, 750 front brakes, custom cup holder replacing the front ash tray, all euro options coded, headliner in black, rear headliner MID console.

My Cars
    1999 750i 1995 740i
    About time this was done. I really dont like seeing those things hanging off the back of the seats.

Awesome.
    95 740i 99 750i

My Cars
    e38 iL, F-e38 iL, e23 L7
    Agreed

My Cars
    01 749iM/6 sporty
    But drywall screws are so classy!
    Trevor
    01 749i sporty, build 12/00 "Sports Barge",S62
    92 VW Corrado VR6,AAA
    81 Delorean,B28F
    81 VW Rabbit Pickup 1.8T,AWW
    03 VW Passat wagon 4.0 W8 6spd

My Cars
    2000 740iL - 07/99
    Not bad at all!
    Follow me on Instagram @SEVEN40iL

My Cars
    BMW
    Wow those are going to look like the unicorn factory tables when you're done! Can't wait to see them installed.

-James

My Cars
    e38 iL, F-e38 iL, e23 L7
    Got one side finished up. Might actually have to install these in my prefacelift. Since my facelift has the OEM tray tables. It'd be a pretty sweet comparison since they look super period correct as far as the shape now.

My Cars
    01 Dinan 740iS, 97 318ti
    WOW, those look great!! You could always send them to me and I'll fit them to my '01 sport for you.
    '01 740i Sport MKIV, Quad Brake Lights, OEM Bi-Xenon retrofit, LED Angel Eyes, HID Fogs, LED Plate Lights, Dinan 7 certification, BM53 radio, OEM Sirius, Aux Input, TCU Bluetooth, Intravee II, iPod, Strong Strut, Dinan Struts, Springs, Camber Plates, Intake, MAF, CAI, Exhaust and Throttle Body

'99 318ti Titanium Silver '97 318ti Boston Green; '96 318ti Alaska Blue (sold); '08 X5 4.8i Titanium Silver (sold); '13 X5 3.5i Black Sapphire Metallic (sold)
    '84 633csi Black (sold); '88 325iC Black (sold); '97 740iL Black(sold); '01 740iS Black(sold); '97 318ti Alpine White (sold)

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740IL
    Man, do these in grey for me. Super nice.
    Spaceships & Woodgrain.

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Wow I am even more impressed! And people pay bookoo bucks for the oem trays... These look pretty damn nice!
    Last edited by purplecty; 05-25-2017 at 04:05 PM.

My Cars
    e38 iL, F-e38 iL, e23 L7
    Thanks guys. So far, all in all I'm $35. Into this project. Everything I've used has been scrap or left over stuff.

-Front door wood trim cut down
    -Factory front headrest material for the leather on the tables (used from the prefacelifts headrest since they have e66 comfort headrests now)
    -left over suede from my headliner/pillar project in my escalade.
    -left over black cat nappa from my rear blower recover project
    -extra set of rear seat back panels from an interior swap
    -and jag tables I had in my individual many years ago.
    And then of course the time it took me to cut out patterns and sew everything together. Lol
    Not bad at all. Lol
    Last edited by Alpine 7even; 05-25-2017 at 04:17 PM.

My Cars
    e38 iL, F-e38 iL, e23 L7
    Afew better pics. Should have one installed on my prefacelift to see how.it looks.

Last edited by Alpine 7even; 05-25-2017 at 05:39 PM.

My Cars
    2007 Alpina B7
    very impressed...good skillz
    2000 740i Sport

My Cars
    e38 iL, F-e38 iL, e23 L7
    Garbage cell phone pics. But the one looks pretty good in the car. Hopefully I have enough vinyl for the trim if I decide to keep them in the car.

Last edited by Alpine 7even; 05-25-2017 at 06:42 PM.

My Cars
    are slow
    What's going on outside?

My Cars
    e38 iL, F-e38 iL, e23 L7
    Quote Originally Posted by XAlt View Post
    What's going on outside?
    Son and wife peeking to see why I'm sitting in a car alone outside in the rain lol
    Last edited by Alpine 7even; 05-25-2017 at 07:59 PM.

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine 7even View Post

Sony and wife peeking to see why I'm sitting in a car alone outside in the rain lol
    Don't worry they'll never get it

My Cars
    e38 iL, F-e38 iL, e23 L7
    Don't worry they'll never get it
    My son eventually will when the L7 is his lol.

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine 7even View Post

My son eventually will when the L7 is his lol.
    That would bring him up to par with the madness...

My Cars
    e38 iL, F-e38 iL, e23 L7
    That would bring him up to par with the madness...
    I know right. He's only 3 and already pulled an m62 apart down to the block, replaced window regs on an e23, swapped a complete interior in an e38 and changed the oil multiple times in the Escalade. Lol

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Wow that awesome make some sets and sell them. Hint I buy a set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    2001 740il Highline
    excellent job!!!!!!

My Cars
    e38 iL, F-e38 iL, e23 L7
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBondBimmer View Post
    excellent job!!!!!!
    Thanks man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast