2000 BMW 540iT wagon with 6 speed manual transmission

Up for sale is one of my vehicles I've tried to make unique and special.

This E39 540i Touring (aka station wagon) still runs great, but as a LSC BMW CCA member, I have to start reducing my garage as I have too many BMWs. I bought this used from Florida back in 2011. The unique aspects of this vehicle that you will not find on most other e39 cars are the following:

- M62tu engine had its timing chain and VANOS upgraded around 2012 when it had about 160k on it (they all need this done). The engine runs fine and consumes no oil. Last oil change I had 6.75 qts drain from the engine and I never need to refill it during the 8-9k miles between oil changes. Only use factory BMW synthetic (Castrol) 5w-30 oil from the dealer.

- Vehicle was upgraded about 2yrs ago (15-20k miles) to have a 6 speed manual transmission. This was never an option. There are very, very few tourings that have been converted over. Brand new factory flywheel, clutch and pressure plate where installed. The manual tranny came out of a car that only had about 56k miles. (Didn't use that engine since this engine was running perfectly)

- I added a european trailer hitch that the factory offered. I bought it from Germany and installed it to tow my BMW track car. I only towed once, but this vehicle with the sport suspension (factory sport airbags in rear) was awesome to tow with. It got 16.5mpg towing and this was with the automatic transmission. The hitch and car are good for 2200kg (4840lbs).

- The suspension has been updated with Koni Sport struts in the front. The back is still stock cause the airbags take most of the loading and always self levels the wagon ride height.

- The car is unique in that it has black leather interior and the Sport Package. The interior is super clean and in great shape as I use Leatherique products.

- I have a BMW roof rack system that goes on the existing rails so you can also load up more stuff with them.

- The wheels on this car came off a real BMW M5. They are NOT replicas. Bridgestone Potenza RE760 tires on the wheels have plenty of life left. They are 18x8.5 in front with 245/40 and 18x9.5 in the rear with 275/35.

- I also have a rear M-tech sport bumper that I never got around to installing. All it needs is to be painted.

- Included are spare parts that came off the low mileage car with the manual tranny such as: alternator, a/c compressor, fuel rail, fuel injectors, coils, belt tensioner, throttle body, secondary air pump and left side exhaust manifold with catalytic converter (right side was installed about 3-4 months ago -- see below).

- The instrument cluster was repaired and everything is displayed nice and neatly.

- The pre-cat O2 sensors were replaced this year.

- The battery is only a few months old and a Sear Diehard AGM.

- Carfax from when I bought the car shows no accident then and I haven't had any either. Driver's door was repainted before I owned it.

What the vehicle still needs since I don't have the time:

-- Right side exhaust manifold that was installed has a clogged cat. Going to M62(non tu)/S62 exhaust headers is a better option. Car is only affected above around 4k rpm.

- DME needs to be reprogrammed for the lack of the auto tranny. Instructions are available online or can be done by a pro in DFW.

- Radio works but the MK2 nav dvd player does not.

Please note that I am in no rush to sell it, so any low ball offers will not be responded to. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

List Date: 5/24/2017

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2000 BMW 540iT wagon with 6 speed manual transmission
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------