Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WORLD PREMIERE OF OUR 1995 BMW E31-850CSi FILM.

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Looking at Jalopnik comments I can tell the masses still need to be educated about the 8, many negative comments revolve around pure nonsense... I can tell so many people are full of opinions about the 8 that they know absolutely nothing about. The more the 8 get's covered like this in a positive light the more the public perception continues to change toward the positive.

- - - Updated - - -

I was selling my stock 16" 8er wheels on CL, middle aged guy arrived with a e28 5 series, he looked at my 8 and immediately started educating me on how this is an E38 coupe and how poor the engine cooling system is designed. Needless to say I nodded, asked for my cash and sent him oh his way
    Last edited by dragon850; 05-24-2017 at 12:13 AM.

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Meanwhile on you tube.... 45k views and counting! Has not even hit 24h

My Cars
    Cool Volvo, Ugly BMW
    Wow. That was a really good story and Taylor is definitely a prime example of an 8 Series owner and he really did touch on all the points that make this model so special to those of us insane enough to own and maintain them to the standards we do.

Excellent shots of the car all around and really liked the editing and choice of music. Really well done.
    What "thumbs up" really means

My Cars
    1994 E31 850CSi
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon850 View Post
    Looking at Jalopnik comments I can tell the masses still need to be educated about the 8, many negative comments revolve around pure nonsense... I can tell so many people are full of opinions about the 8 that they know absolutely nothing about. The more the 8 get's covered like this in a positive light the more the public perception continues to change toward the positive.
    Couldn't agree more....the E31 is possibly the least understood of all BMW models, and the 850CSi would qualify as the most underestimated and misinterpreted of all the E31 variants.
    This film goes a long way towards re-clarifying the CSi, as a car that was built for a purpose - which we all know wasn't as a 'track day' racer but as a very fast, comfortable, GT mile-eater with impressive performance and handling qualities. Not to mention that drop-dead gorgeous body shape!
    But not to worry....those of us who own, cherish and drive them, already know the truth about these great cars.
    And maybe in the not too distant future, when CSi values start to skyrocket, all the nay-sayers and doubters will then realise what incredibly beautiful, rare and special machines they really are.
    Last edited by kiwiCSi; 05-24-2017 at 04:38 AM.

My Cars
    1997 BMW 840Ci,Cayman S
    Wow. Just watched it this morning. I need to wipe the tear out of my eye, get dressed and go for a ride. Great job! To all involved.

My Cars
    95 840,14 535i
    The stupidity on Jalpolink is amazing. I have already responded to several comments to try and correct the fools on there. I am very protective of the e31's. You always hear the same comments about how unreliable it is and how they look like ford Probes. Always from people who have never owned one.

My Cars
    E31 4.4, E66 V12, E70 TT
    Very nice! Saw this on Jalopnik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 E31 840CI "Sport" 4.4 - Hellrot Red - Black Nappa Leather - Every Option available - OEM 65M Wheels, EDC delete/Bilstein, M60-M62 engine transplant, updated software, CSI Steering box & AHK, Full AC Schnitzer kit, Wood Trim, Front Plate Delete, Xenons + LEDs, Tints, Black Ind. headliner, BREMBO BBK, Hamann Exhaust, Custom aluminium throttle bushings, KAW springs, Strong Strut, Greg K GenII sway bars, Camber Plates, Stut tower reinforcements, X-Brace, Wokke chips, Wokke Sphericals, PM Steer Plates, H&R Spacers, Pioneer AVIC-F60DAB + more.

1994 E34 530i
    - Calypsorot + Many mods

2008 E66 760LI V12 - Every Option Available + Full Individual Composition

2015 F02 750LI Xdrive - Every Option Available + Full Individual Composition

2013 E70 40d TT - Full BMW Performance Kit

2016 F06 M6 Gran Coupe Individual

My Cars
    94 Euro BMW 850CSi 892
    The majority of the Jalopnik audience is beyond stupid. Truly. I'm at a loss for words.
    Board Member of SoCalEights (Marketing, Web Development & Social Media), Vice President: BMWCCA/E31 Chapter, www.cartiologyfilms.com
    Current E31s:
    1997 BMW 840Ci Black on Beige. CSI 62, 107 and 16. Euro-CSi #892.
    Client Represented E31s (Cartiology Films)
    1994 BMW 850CSi #11 USA, 1994 BMW 850CSi #31 USA, 1994 BMW 850CSi #58 USA
    93-850Ci - manual 6 speed. 97-850Ci - M73 Steptronic. 94-CSi 125, 95-CSi 162 Daytona Violet, CSi 198 White on Red
    Past E31s:
    1991 BMW 850i. Calypso Red on Beige Nappa and 1995 BMW 840Ci. Bright Red on Beige Nappa
    1997 BMW 840Ci. Black On Black Nappa, but changed to Dakar Yellow on Black Nappa and 1994 BMW 850CSi #27. Red On light Silver.
    1991 BMW 850i. Automatic. Red On Black and 1996 BMW 850Ci. Automatic. Midnight Blue on Gray.
    1994 BMW 850CSi. Black On Blak #107, Black/Black 97-840. White/White CSi. Silver/Silver 97-840

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec Cartio View Post
    The majority of the Jalopnik audience is beyond stupid. Truly. I'm at a loss for words.
    100% agree, I read the comments entertain myself mostly lol

My Cars
    1994 E31 850CSi
    Quote Originally Posted by barry8108 View Post
    The stupidity on Jalpolink is amazing. I have already responded to several comments to try and correct the fools on there. I am very protective of the e31's. You always hear the same comments about how unreliable it is and how they look like ford Probes. Always from people who have never owned one.
    I've also attempted to rationalize some of the negative bias on there, but I fear it's to no avail.
    Current:
    1994 E31 850CSi Sterlingsilber/Anthracite Buffalo

Previous:
    1987 E28 M5 Delphin
    1986 E23 M745iA Arctic Blue
    1986 E24 635CSi Polaris
    1976 E3 3.0 Si Arctic Blue

My Cars
    1993 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon850 View Post
    100% agree, I read the comments entertain myself mostly lol
    The people getting confused/mad over the license plate are interesting lol
    93 850ci @ 148k
    8ofhrts Instagram

My Cars
    850 CSI
    love it .....
    Last edited by clubE31; 05-25-2017 at 05:15 AM.
    BMW 850 CSI march 1994 (EU spec), SOLD. https://www.classiccars-forsale.com/...94-bmw-850csi/
    BMW 850 CSI november 1994 (EU spec)

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Cool vid.

But the only thing the 850CSi and McLaren F1 have in common is cilinder count. The F1 is based on 2 E36 M3 S50B30 mated together. Up to identical Vanos units. (Just image if it had the dual vanos of the B32)
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiß III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    97 850CI
    It is easy to misunderstand something you have never experienced. Clearly Jalopnik is a place for the ignorant.
    Desecrator of all things Sacred

My Cars
    1991 BMW 850i
    Over 200k views, looks like it is quite a hit. I don't think people really know what a GT is. It's probably the most comfortable car I have ever owned. It's a wonderful thing on a long trip, does it quickly and looks great while doing it.
    My Cars - 1991 BMW 850i - mine for fun, 1993 Saab 900c - mine for fun, 2008 Lexus is250 - my daily driver, 2003 Dodge Durango - my wife's, 1994 Acura Legend - gave it to kid

My Cars
    '94 850CSi, '85 M635CSi,
    First, Highest kudos go to Alec Cartio, Miguel De Olasso, Gary Corcoran, Tanja Stefanik, and Reinhard Wolf along with Roger Wray in the production of this film. But, the star of course is Taylor Patterson and his 850CSi along with the spirit of his Dad. No one can argue that this is a film that accentuates the importance of the ORIGINAL BMW 8 Series, especially the CSi. The passion between man and machine are extremely well illustrated here--something I think we ALL understand. The addition of Taylor's father's spirit into this bespeaks of the character of the car's owner. This visual piece is worthy of the views it has received and the enlightenment it will provide to all who see it for the future. CONGRATULATIONS gentlemen and lady for a job WELL DONE!

My Cars
    1992 BMW 850i 4spd
    Just got the video in my Youtube recommendations. Great video, really emotional and wonderfully filmed.

Great work, guys!

My Cars
    '93 850Ci, '07 X5 4.8
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice....

Great aerial shots! Exactly what I envisioned using my drone for!!

Congrats to all!

My Cars
    E31, E36/7, E61
    Excellent Alec, T.P and co. I couldn't help myself trying to redress the balance on jalopnik, got "pending comment" and now they have gone, perhaps too radical, oh well.

My Cars
    bmw 850
    Great job guys, beautifully made film all around, really enjoyed it.
    Pisses me off that i live in pothole ridden city of montreal and cant enjoy driving mine to its potential.
    Congradulations again.
    Last edited by razman850; 05-28-2017 at 09:09 PM.

My Cars
    94 Euro BMW 850CSi 892
    Thank you everyone for your love and support for this film. We've surpassed a half a million views in its first week of release and still going up.
    Major Success for the E31 Community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xFbe9Y85pc
    Board Member of SoCalEights (Marketing, Web Development & Social Media), Vice President: BMWCCA/E31 Chapter, www.cartiologyfilms.com
    Current E31s:
    93-850Ci - manual 6 speed. 97-850Ci - M73 Steptronic. 94-CSi 125, 95-CSi 162 Daytona Violet, CSi 198 White on Red
    Past E31s:
    1991 BMW 850i. Calypso Red on Beige Nappa and 1995 BMW 840Ci. Bright Red on Beige Nappa
    1997 BMW 840Ci. Black On Black Nappa, but changed to Dakar Yellow on Black Nappa and 1994 BMW 850CSi #27. Red On light Silver.
    1991 BMW 850i. Automatic. Red On Black and 1996 BMW 850Ci. Automatic. Midnight Blue on Gray.
    1994 BMW 850CSi. Black On Blak #107, Black/Black 97-840. White/White CSi. Silver/Silver 97-840

My Cars
    1994 850CSi #125

Cool

To all my fellow Eight Series/E31 enthusiasts:

It was not easy for me to try to represent our little corner of the world. Some mistakes were made and being recorded at an airport had its challenges to keeping my train of thought. The questions I was asked centered around the Eight as a 'dream car' and what made is so special to me in that aspect. And until Alec asked me for my story, I really didn’t know why I spend so much effort and time keeping this car running, why I look for excuses to work on her… and how that related to my dad. Dad was the one who always stood behind me. He walked me through some of the hardest parts of troubleshooting this car. So many of you know what I'm talking about and can also attest to those experiences. These are some of the most important memories of my life. After he passed away, it was this community that stepped up to help, where he was no longer – and you did not know the void you were filling for me.

I had hoped some of that commentary would have made it into the final cut but editing being what it is, it did not. So, I wanted everyone in this community to know how much your help and support has meant to me, what it meant to keeping my car running in tip top shape, and through that... the part you have played in keeping my dad ‘alive’ in my life.

Thank you.

And now that the video has been out there for a week, and with more than 528,000 YouTube views in just five days, I think we can all rest assured that the world has been put on notice, that this car is like no other – something we can all enjoy for some time to come!

This new Eight Series may never do it for some of you… but that is ok. Just like the original Eight, it represents an unabashed, no compromises attitude; a set-us-apart attempt once again to push the technological envelope forward and bring to market a new notion of what’s cool in motoring. Will it succeed? I guess that depends how aggressive BMW plans to be with the final delivered product. Time will tell. But unlike this new Eight, the E31 will live on, and rise in value, due largely to the wild-for-it crazy community that you are all a part of. Pass or fail, the new Eight Series will only help the Original Eight Series get more attention and respect.

Personally, for me, it is now time to pass my car to its new owner. We struck a deal late in December. We signed a contract, and he has finally paid the balance due, which means that as of this week, he is the official new owner. My job now is to keep her in top shape until she goes into the shipping container next week. I will respect his privacy and let him introduce himself when he is ready but just so you know, he is a very good and thoughtful guy living in Denmark where CSi #166 will be only one of 21 E31’s in the country and the seventh CSis to enter the country. Many of you know I had a for sale sign on my car for quite a while. I did not want it to go into somebody’s collection to just sit, alone and not be enjoyed. That is not going to happen now.

Thank you Alec Cartio for making this video a reality and Gary Corcoran for volunteering to be my stunt double and helping me get through the filming having just done it for your Pantera. And Karl and Chris for allowing us to film in their hanger and using their fantastic aircraft and automobiles as our backdrop.

I trust the Universe that another car will come my way again one day. Maybe another one as unique as #166 is – or maybe I’ll just need to build one like it. In the meantime, I will still be around… lurking in the forums.

L8R GTR

Last edited by taylorpatterson; 05-30-2017 at 07:37 PM.
    Taylor in Carlsbad

P=(p x v3 x Cd x A)/2

My Cars
    94 Euro BMW 850CSi 892
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorpatterson View Post
    To all my fellow Eight Series/E31 enthusiasts: It was not easy for me to try to represent our little corner of the world. Some mistakes were made and being recorded at an airport had its challenges to keeping my train of thought. The questions I was asked centered around the Eight as a 'dream car' and what made is so special to me in that aspect. And until Alec asked me for my story, I really didn’t know why I spend so much effort and time keeping this car running, why I look for excuses to work on her… and how that related to my dad. Dad was the one who always stood behind me. He walked me through some of the hardest parts of troubleshooting this car. So many of you know what I'm talking about and can also attest to those experiences. These are some of the most important memories of my life. After he passed away, it was this community that stepped up to help, where he was no longer – and you did not know the void you were filling for me. I had hoped some of that commentary would have made it into the final cut but editing being what it is, it did not. So, I wanted everyone in this community to know how much your help and support has meant to me, what it meant to keeping my car running in tip top shape, and through that... the part you have played in keeping my dad ‘alive’ in my life. Thank you. And now that the video has been out there for a week, and with more than 528,000 YouTube views in just five days, I think we can all rest assured that the world has been put on notice, that this car is like no other – something we can all enjoy for some time to come! This new Eight Series may never do it for some of you… but that is ok. Just like the original Eight, it represents an unabashed, no compromises attitude; a set-us-apart attempt once again to push the technological envelope forward and bring to market a new notion of what’s cool in motoring. Will it succeed? I guess that depends how aggressive BMW plans to be with the final delivered product. Time will tell. But unlike this new Eight, the E31 will live on, and rise in value, due largely to the wild-for-it crazy community that you are all a part of. Pass or fail, the new Eight Series will only help the Original Eight Series get more attention and respect. Personally, for me, it is now time to pass my car to its new owner. We struck a deal late in December. We signed a contract, and he has finally paid the balance due, which means that as of this week, he is the official new owner. My job now is to keep her in top shape until she goes into the shipping container next week. I will respect his privacy and let him introduce himself when he is ready but just so you know, he is a very good and thoughtful guy living in Denmark where CSi #166 will be only one of 21 E31’s in the country and the seventh CSis to enter the country. Many of you know I had a for sale sign on my car for quite a while. I did not want it to go into somebody’s collection to just sit, alone and not be enjoyed. That is not going to happen now. I trust the Universe that another car will come my way again one day. Maybe another one as unique as #166 is – or maybe I’ll just need to build one like it. In the meantime, I will still be around… lurking in the forums. L8R GTR
    Amen brother. Thank you for the kind note.

I fought for the "e31 community part" to be in the editing but the leadership of petrolicious not being emotionally attached to that part of the story did not embrace it. Nor did Migeul the director. He's an MB guy. Lol. But nevertheless, it was a 99% success on our part.
    We will forever be a family of e31 owners regardless. There are many more films to come. At least while I'm alive. This community has given a lot to me as well and I will give back as much as I can. If anything, financially everyone's better off already due to the increase in value. Lol.
    It was only meant to be for giant parent of our cars BMW AG to "almost accidentally" have the most E31 Nuts our there make their films through petrolicious. I landed here only two weeks before the film was commissioned to me. That I call, "meant to be".

Much love and respect to you, Gary and everyone else here in the E31 family. ???

Alec C.
    Current E31s:
    Past E31s:

My Cars
    1994 850CSi, 2007 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorpatterson View Post
    ... living in Denmark where CSi #166 will be only one of 21 E31’s in the country and the seventh CSis to enter the country...
    I will be in Denmark mid June, if she has arrived by then I will stop by and tell her CSi #93 says hey and welcome to your new home! Nothing but love for our e31 family.
    1994 850CSi, 2007 M5, 1990 VW Westy Syncro, 2010 e61 Touring Manual

My Cars
    1994 850CSi #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cheese View Post
    I will be in Denmark mid June, if she has arrived by then I will stop by and tell her CSi #93 says hey and welcome to your new home! Nothing but love for our e31 family.
    You will probably miss its arrival. I think it's supposed to take a few weeks to transit and get authorized to drive it on the roads. But I'll reach out to him. He may be interested in sharing a beer or two when you get there. Can you PM me your itinerary so I can let him know your plans?
    Taylor in Carlsbad

P=(p x v3 x Cd x A)/2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast