Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Monaco GP @ Monte Carlo

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Quote Originally Posted by m3fuz View Post
    Hahahaha - did anyone else catch the Alonso/Button radio exchange?
    Yup, seems like Liberty media is bringing more good entertainment for us! ��

- - - Updated - - -

I predict a boring race, but I don't care. I'm enjoying watching this: somehow now the cars have improved, Monaco is still pretty, and I think all drivers in the top 10 are great plus cool people so I have no favourite!
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    WAGON
    "I'm going to pee in your seat"

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    I didn't realize Maldonado was in Alonso's seat this weekend

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    4 laps to go. Nothing else happening unless Verstappen feels lucky today. Or Ricciardo's contact ends up having consequences in the last laps.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Yessssss Vettel!!!

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    It was a good race, but I'm disappointed for Kimi. He raced well all weekend.

Hamilton is still a baby and deserves to crash out of the next 4 races.
    Last edited by m3fuz; 05-28-2017 at 02:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    It would be nice to see Kimi win, but Vettel was simply faster today. No disappointment here, I am happy to see a Ferrari 1-2.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    That sure made life easier for Ferrari too! It's a million times easier for them if things fall into place like this naturally, so they don't have to face the dilemma of team orders in order to fight for championships...

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo
    F Ferrari.

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    The SkySports anti-Vettel propaganda machine is firing on all cylinders at the moment...... I'm done with that rag. I said the same after Mexico last year, but now I'm really done.

It was a procession... Even more so than it usually is what with the wider cars, but we all expected that. Would have liked to have seen at least one decent overtake on the track, but oh well. Shame about Button, too.
    Current: '94 MX-6 V6/5 • '72 240Z • '10 Mazda5
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6'95 525i/5'86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S
    Wish list: Type 44 • Manta • Pre-'85 CGT • 405 Mi16 • SVX • W123 Coupe

My Cars
    yay
    Bummed for Kimi. That sucked.

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxxxxx View Post
    Bummed for Kimi. That sucked.
    Would have been great to see Kimi win, but he just was fast enough. Vettel had race pace in hand, was not going to be denied.

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    02 E46 M3 IR + 13 Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by BoldUlysses View Post
    The SkySports anti-Vettel propaganda machine is firing on all cylinders at the moment...... I'm done with that rag. I said the same after Mexico last year, but now I'm really done.

It was a procession... Even more so than it usually is what with the wider cars, but we all expected that. Would have liked to have seen at least one decent overtake on the track, but oh well. Shame about Button, too.
    This!

Sky sports are pro Hamilton/Britain and anti-everything else. Lol, they dont even mention how poor of a job Palmer is doing, but are quick to point out anything that Stroll does!

- I am shocked they didnt even mention anything about Kyvat and Kmag being blocked during Quali - if it was any other driver and Lewis was on the receiving end they would be commentating non-stop on it
    - They did not mention how Lewis was nowhere during the weekend and failed to show appreciation for Bottas for the job he did delivering P3 during quali with a car that was not getting the tires into the correct operating window -
    - They failed to realize that it was those 2-3 laps that Vettel (and so did Ricciardo) did (post Kimi's stop) which were 1m15.5..1m15.2 etc which gave Vettel the lead; Instead that jackass Natalie Pinkam asks Kimi something like do you take a role of No.2 driver for Ferrari now, and then stupid Brundle and that other prick taking that story and twisting it. I mean come on guys, you guys call yourself F1 pundits, dont you see the clear facts in the lap times that Vettel and Ricciardo did to jump their team mates!

and even if Ferrari now start backing Vettel - I wont blame them, Kimi is what 60ish points behind, so 2 race wins and if Vettel is consistent then why is everyone surprised! Historically Ferrari has always done this, unless you are new to F1 - then you can enjoy the Sky sports propoganda, other than that its business as usual for Ferrari
    Last edited by Blanchimont; 05-30-2017 at 10:47 AM.

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanchimont View Post
    This!

Sky sports are pro Hamilton and anti-everything else.

- I am shocked they didnt even mention anything about Kyvat and Kmag being blocked during Quali - if it was any other driver and Lewis was on the receiving end they would be commentating non-stop on it
    - They did not mention how Lewis was nowhere during the weekend and failed to show appreciation for Bottas for the job he did delivering P3 during quali with a car that was not getting the tires into the correct operating window -
    - They failed to realize that it was those 2-3 laps that Vettel (and so did Ricciardo) did (post Kimi's stop) which were 1m15.5..1m15.2 etc which gave Vettel the lead; Instead that jackass Natalie Pinkam asks Kimi something like do you take a role of No.2 driver for Ferrari now, and then stupid Brundle and that other prick taking that story and twisting it. I mean come on guys, you guys call yourself F1 pundits, dont you see the clear facts in the lap times that Vettel and Ricciardo did to jump their team mates!

and even if Ferrari now start backing Vettel - I wont blame them, Kimi is what 60ish points behind, so 2 race wins and if Vettel is consistent then why is everyone surprised! Historically Ferrari has always done this, unless you are new to F1 - then you can enjoy the Sky sports propoganda, other than that its business as usual for Ferrari
    Yup. No mention of the "team orders" that allowed Ric to overcut Bottas and Max.....because there were none. He did the same thing Vettel did, and it turned out to be superior strategy for a number of drivers.

The thing that really got my goat earlier in the weekend was they swallowed all Hammy's whining about "the car, the tires, the circuit, the sun, the boats, etc etc" while completely ignoring the fact that his teammate qualified P3 (within 0.043 of pole) with the exact same equipment. Who's the weak link here, Lewis?
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6'95 525i/5'86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by badmonkey View Post
    Would have been great to see Kimi win, but he just was fast enough. Vettel had race pace in hand, was not going to be denied.
    Seb was quicker toward the end of his first stint, no doubt, but Ferrari know where they are releasing the cars and Kimi didn't have to go back out behind traffic. That was a dick move.

My Cars
    02 E46 M3 IR + 13 Honda
    INSIGHT: KEY INDICATORS THAT SHOW WHETHER FERRARI FAVOURED VETTEL IN MONACO F1 GP
    https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2017/05/insight-key-indicators-that-show-whether-ferrari-favoured-vettel-in-monaco-f1-gp/

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    INSIGHT: KEY INDICATORS THAT SHOW WHETHER FERRARI FAVOURED VETTEL IN MONACO F1 GP
    https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2017/05/insight-key-indicators-that-show-whether-ferrari-favoured-vettel-in-monaco-f1-gp/
    Yeah that's a great article. Very levelheaded and fair analysis.

Cliffs: You can make a case either way, and probably will depending on how you're biased.

My Cars
    VW MK7 GTI
    Great article. I saw a table that listed the lap times around Ferrari's pit stops and the times Vettel ripped off while Kimi went into the pits were really fast.

The NBCSN guys were saying once Kimi pitted, Vettel knew he would be in soon so he could really burn through the tires he was on. I dont think there was any strategy going on to get Vettel the win, as Riccardo did the same thing to Max (who was also pissed) during the first set of stops

That said all the Brit F1 guys are a bunch of losers as has already been said.
    Last edited by RRocket; 05-30-2017 at 03:31 PM.

RTR

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    I think if you look at the times, it's obvious why Vettel won. Kimi and the team both seemed concerned about tire wear when they told him to box, should they have kept him out longer and risked them going off completely? Kimi had every opportunity for the first half of the race to put a lot of ground between him and Seb in clean air, and he didn't do that.

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    ^Yup. Same thing happened with Bottas in Bahrain. Just couldn't pull away. Vettel just found extra time for those two magic laps....which is why he's a 4-time WDC.

My Cars
    VW MK7 GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    I think if you look at the times, it's obvious why Vettel won. Kimi and the team both seemed concerned about tire wear when they told him to box, should they have kept him out longer and risked them going off completely? Kimi had every opportunity for the first half of the race to put a lot of ground between him and Seb in clean air, and he didn't do that.
    Truth right here

RTR

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Quote Originally Posted by RRocket View Post
    Truth right here
    +1

If Kimi had closed in on Seb at any point after Seb got in front, then I'd say there's something to look into. If Kimi at no point is faster (by a meaningful amount, for a meaningful amount of laps), and most of the race sees Seb pulling a big gap or comfortably cruising around maintaining it, then Seb was faster.

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneZium View Post
    +1

If Kimi had closed in on Seb at any point after Seb got in front, then I'd say there's something to look into. If Kimi at no point is faster (by a meaningful amount, for a meaningful amount of laps), and most of the race sees Seb pulling a big gap or comfortably cruising around maintaining it, then Seb was faster.
    During the second stint?

Kimi's marching orders would have been to create a safety buffer by backing up.

My Cars
    02 E46 M3 IR + 13 Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart951 View Post
    During the second stint?

Thats possible - as post pit-stops (and since Monaco traditionally is a 1-stop race) the team might have asked a buffer for safety car

OR

Kimi wasnt as comfortable with the super-softs as Vettel was

OR

Kimi was completely demotivated and just dropped off

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart951 View Post
    During the second stint?

I don't see any evidence pointing to Ferrari giving instructions like that, let alone Kimi agreeing to such team orders. There is no racer that wouldn't at least catch up to their teammate (even if in Monaco passing is near impossible, and passing between teammates too risky) to show that they are not the slower driver if they could. But Kimi didn't even show a glimmer of hope of being faster than Vettel IIRC.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast