Hello.. I am having a hell of a time with my 2005 BMW 745i. The car was driving fine previously but then would go into Transmission Fail Safe mode every so often. I took it to one transmission shop where it did not appear that they did anything but after keeping the car for a month, stated that they needed to rebuild the transmission for about $3500. The same guys charged me $608 for a radiator hose replacement which seemed very unreasonable, so I elected to drive the car and took it to another Indy Mechanic who has worked on my other vehicles before. According to the this indy mechanic, the probability was that transmission oil was running low. He told me to come and pick up the car and take it for a test drive, car drove fine for short while and then went back into fail safe mode. Took the car back to him and at that time he stated that transmission needed to be replaced and he quoted me $3000 for a used transmission and labor. I was still unsure about that, as the car would shift smoothly in reverse and from 1st to second and etc. Well, I took it to another indy, who after inspecting it, called me to tell me that there was a 90% probability that the a small black rubber adapter inside the transmission had cracked and causing the oil to not distribute properly and thus causing the issue. He quoted me $900 and change for that repair. I asked specifically if that would fix the issue, he said 90% probability yes. Well, he called back stating that one of the bolts holding the pan or the transmission (I am unsure) stripped and had cause and oil leak, he replaced the oil pan, plug adapter, and etc for about $1200+. I went by today and asked him to do an oil service as well, since I was planning to drive the car to Alabama tomorrow morning. I went to pick up the car this afternoon, paid $1397.88, car was parked at an incline, it was hard shifting from park to drive, and the moment i drove out of the parking lot, the car went into transmission fail safe mode. What the hell. I went back and now they are saying that I need a new transmission. I just spent almost $1400 for nothing. I am so so distraught. Please help me..