Thread: 2005 x3. 3.0 headlight warning light on dash.

My Cars
    1989 325i, Mini Cooper S

2005 x3. 3.0 headlight warning light on dash.

Got a headlight warning light on dash. Turning my headlights on neither side works, high or low beam. Parking lights work. We're should I start? Chances that low and high beam bulbs on blow sides are all blown? Is there a fuse, or relay I can check. I don't have the owners manual for mine so couldn't look it up quick. How about the switch itself? Can I take out the switch panel and check it out?

Thanks

p.s new to the x3, and there will be some other questions I have. But figured I'd start with one at a time.

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Start one step at a time bulbs, connections, fuses, ect. I knew a guy once that replace a window regulator because the window was stuck down, that didn't work, window motor, that didn't work, ended up being the window switch. Don't over look any thing

My Cars
    1989 325i, Mini Cooper S
    Yeah I'm gonna start with the basics first. Hoping for an easy fix to the problem.

My Cars
    1989 325i, Mini Cooper S
    Might be a little more involved. Took a look after, and there has been a hid conversion. So I'll have to look at the connections, and still the bulbs first

My Cars
    1989 325i, Mini Cooper S
    Pulled the hid conversion stuff, cause it looks like a mess behind the lights. Plus wasn't really worried about having brighter lights. Replaced the high and low beam bulbs, and all work properly besides the passenger high beam. I tested the bulb in the other side and the bulb is good.
    I put the l.e.d bulb that was in the high beam socket back in and it seams to get some power because it's slightly giving off light.
    Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by 89325iturbo View Post
    Pulled the hid conversion stuff, cause it looks like a mess behind the lights. Plus wasn't really worried about having brighter lights. Replaced the high and low beam bulbs, and all work properly besides the passenger high beam. I tested the bulb in the other side and the bulb is good.
    I put the l.e.d bulb that was in the high beam socket back in and it seams to get some power because it's slightly giving off light.
    Thoughts?
    BMW has a peculiar way of wiring, especially grounding. Many aftermarket devices which tap into the system fine on other makes will not work on your car. I would guess that the computer is sensing an incorrect current draw, giving you your problem. Switch back to stock, clear any codes, and research which electrical components are compatible. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk