Thread: Help - No start after CCV job

My Cars
    2004 ZHP

Help - No start after CCV job

Guys

Did my CCV system, along with hard coolant pipes and some gaskets. Did this by removing the intake.
    Put everything back together, tried starting the car, engine is spinning, no hint of starting.
    The fuel rail is being pressurized, there are loads of fuel coming out when doing the pressure relief at the fuel rail. In fact, much more fuel is coming out when doing this, compared to the last time when I had to relief the pressure for another repair.

Tried doing the flood start, by pressing the pedal to the floor, no effect. Tried disconnecting the fuel pump fuse and cranking, also nothing.
    Removed the intake once again today, double checked, everything is connected.

What could have gone wrong? Pretty sure it is a fuel problem, fuel rail is really pressurized, but injectors aren't doing their job.

Any hints? What to check next?

My Cars
    2001 325i; 2006 325i
    Any codes?

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325i Sedan
    I have the exact same problem. I pulled my head and replaced the head gasket. While apart I replaced all the CCV components, pipes and gaskets new. also replaced the starter.

Tried starting last night and it just spins. I thought by the sound from the drivers seat that the starter was not engaging but had my son turn the key and the motor is turning over but not even close to starting. I also checked the fuel rail schrader valve and there is fuel and pressure.

It almost seems like there is no compression. I will check all connections tonight and try again.

No lights are on the dash. Have not connected my computer yet to see if there are any codes.

Let me know how things go I (I will do the same) and hope that some one has some insight to this problem.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    I did my CCV system over the weekend. I ended up with a few problems. Super long crank before it would start and then it would barely stay running. First issue was I forgot to plug the intake cam sensor back into that harness box under the DISA valve. I also found that little ribbed tube that branches off the lower intake elbow had some serious splits in it. That's the part that attaches to the ICV. Third issue was also my fault just like the cam sensor. I didn't tighten the clamps on the intake elbows enough. This allowed the lower intake elbow to pop off the throttle body. Obviously there was a huge vacuum leak.

My my experience with e46s is limited but my mechanic friend said the e46 dme software took some big leaps from the e36s. Your car will not start if certain sensors are disconnected is what he told me. I know that large vacuum leaks will prevent the car from starting. Just food for thought.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325i Sedan
    Thanks for the info. I have not tightened the hose clamp that connects the air box the map sensor so I will try this and make sure that I have tightened all the other clamps.

My Cars
    2004 ZHP
    We went and removed the intake again to check that all censors are indeed connected. Didn't find anything wrong.
    BMWdirtracer suggested to take a look at the crankshaft sensor, which is under the starter. Will do that today.

rugby12, my suspicion at the moment is that injectors aren't being powered for some reason. The fuel rail is pressurized, but the fuel isn't going into the engine.
    Will let you know if I get any luck with my car