Thread: 2008 528i won't start or crank

My Cars
    2008 bmw 528i

2008 528i won't start or crank

My 2008 528i (E60 sedan) all of sudden did not start, jump start did not help. Battery is OK.
    Insert key, push start button, all things light up OK, heard the fuel pump going but no crank and dead silence.
    Got these error code from the code reader:
    P22AA (generic code):Nitrogen Oxides Sensor 2, bank 1
    P3232: (bmw code): control module monitoring ignition timing plausibility.
    P3030: (bmw code): O2 sensor internal resistance measurement path adaptation value too
    high.
    Anyone knows if these errors prevent it from starting, cranking?
    Remove ibs (intelligent battery sensor) at the negative terminal of battery as someone suggested but did not help.
    Check the ism box (integrated supply module) as suggested by someone but my car does not have one, it's only for 8 cylinder engine.
    I think it is the starter and I tried to check if the 12V signal gets to the solenoid of the starter but I could not reach it, it's located way below the manifold.
    Anyone knows any other way to check if the starter is bad or any other thing I can check to see if it's other problem.
    Thanks in advance,

My Cars
    E90, E46
    None of those codes will cause a no crank/no start. Probably your starter but yeah you need to check for battery voltage on your signal wire of the starter.
    2000 528 has engine harness block on the drivers side of the engine blocking the throttle, there is a white fat wire coming off this harness block. That is your signal wire. It's not ideal but you can use a wire poker and check it but make sure to wrap it back up with electric tape. Again not the best idea but works in a pinch.

My Cars
    2008 bmw 528i
    Quote Originally Posted by SlackTube View Post
    None of those codes will cause a no crank/no start. Probably your starter but yeah you need to check for battery voltage on your signal wire of the starter.
    2000 528 has engine harness block on the drivers side of the engine blocking the throttle, there is a white fat wire coming off this harness block. That is your signal wire. It's not ideal but you can use a wire poker and check it but make sure to wrap it back up with electric tape. Again not the best idea but works in a pinch.
    Thanks for your reply. Ok, I will try to locate the wire. My is E60 so it may be different from yours.

My Cars
    2008 bmw 528i
    Thanks for your reply. OK I will check the wire. However, mine is E60 and it may be different from yours.

My Cars
    E90, E46
    The signal wire you described is on the starter and yes it is under the intake but you can also access the wire under the intake pipe near the throttle on the drivers side of the engine. It is a fat white wire and goes into a harness block.
    i am talking about both N52 and N52K E60.