Thread: Wokke Chip Installation

My Cars
    850i

Wokke Chip Installation

Hey folks,

I've finally got the engine running well enough to finally install my wokke chips. The DME's were done within an hour start to finish, the EML is an entirely different story as I've got to separate the PCB's to be able to get at the EPROM. The trouble is, this EML does not look like the DME's that Wokke gives the instructions too for PCB seperation. Has anyone got a detailed write up on how to change the EML EPROM with detailed pics? I'm really apprehensive about doing this as I only have on EML and don't want to break anything now that the car is finally running.

Sorry if this has been asked over and over again but I've been unable to find anything on it anywhere.

Also, does anyone know where the electrical parts to rebuild an M70's DK's can be purchased?

Thanks in advance

Michael

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    see my website http://twrite.org/shogunnew/topmenu.html under upgrades/funstuff >>> that is for a Bosch 0 205 000 005 in a 11/88 E32 750 , many pics
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by sickle44 View Post
    Hey folks,

I've finally got the engine running well enough to finally install my wokke chips. The DME's were done within an hour start to finish, the EML is an entirely different story as I've got to separate the PCB's to be able to get at the EPROM. The trouble is, this EML does not look like the DME's that Wokke gives the instructions too for PCB seperation. Has anyone got a detailed write up on how to change the EML EPROM with detailed pics? I'm really apprehensive about doing this as I only have on EML and don't want to break anything now that the car is finally running.

Sorry if this has been asked over and over again but I've been unable to find anything on it anywhere.

Also, does anyone know where the electrical parts to rebuild an M70's DK's can be purchased?

Thanks in advance

Michael
    Well you have to separate the 2 boards, you need to first pull out the connecting plastic pin that holds them together out the bottom, then using 2 thin flat screwdrivers bend the tabs on both sides of the pins while slightly pulling on the top circuit board. You need 3 hands lol.
    Btw I would not attempt dk refurbish if you have trouble with eml, but if you do just clean without removing or touching encoder whiskers. Half of the dk motors I end up fixing are screwed up or broken in one shape or form by a first time DIYer

My Cars
    850i
    Got it sorted out and fixed, thanks fellows,

Now, how about those parts for refurbishing the dk's??

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by sickle44 View Post
    Got it sorted out and fixed, thanks fellows,

Now, how about those parts for refurbishing the dk's??
    There are no parts, I have custom made brushes but thats it.