Thread: Peake Scan Tool not showing Fault Codes despite ABS, Traction and DSC warning lights

My Cars
    2003 540iA M-Sport

Peake Scan Tool not showing Fault Codes despite ABS, Traction and DSC warning lights

Hello. First of all, thank you, our Host and the Bavarian Gods for this site. I have a 2003 540i. I am trying to diagnose the root cause of the three (3) warning lights which recently lit on my dash: Traction, ABS and DSC. They illuminate within a minute after starting the engine. I am trying to determine if the issue is with the front wheel sensors or ABS module. All other gauges and cruise control operate correctly.

I have a Peake R5 FCX3-16 pin Scan Tool. Despite the warning lights being illuminated, the Scan Tool is not showing any Fault Codes. Beyond the recommended procedure of turning the ignition key to the second ignition poisition and then inserting the tool, I have tried different orders of tool insertion including with the engine running. Each time I get the proper "Fc" display, depress GO and get "--" symbolizing no Fault Codes.

Do I need take it to a shop to read the codes or should I simply move forward with the high percentage that it's my ABS module and send off to to MODULE MASTERS?

I welcome and value your input. Thank you in advance.

JimLev is offline Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    Your code reader will only show engine and emission codes.
    Take the car to someone that can read the ABS.