Hi Guys,

I am having some starting issues with my M52 swap and hoping you could help me out.

A little background information on the build, the car is a 1989 E30 318i Manual and the M52 is out of a E39 Auto. I'm using a MS41.0 ECU that has had the EWS removed and the usual tune for the M50 manifold etc. I've used several different wiring guides to cross reference the C101 graft as the colors were a little out for certain things (from memory the instrumentation signals etc)

I have replaced the CPS with a genuine BMW part however the cam position sensor is the original unit.

Currently I have no spark at the coils and no pulse to the injectors, i have also found that the main relay is not being triggered by the ECU on ignition, however when applying 12v to pin 87 on the ECU it does activate the relay giving power to the injectors and causing the ICV to hum, unfortunately this still wont enable the car to start.

Ive done quite a bit of digging around and can't seem to get anywhere, i have tried finding the infamous Brown/Black wire which is supposedly located at Pin 27 on the ECU for the auto trans signal but no luck as some others have also found.

I'm thinking to maybe pull the harness back out and re-check all my wiring, any help would be greatly appreciated, i know I'm posting in the right place to get this thing back on the road again!

Thanks in advance

Bill