Thread: 325i Hood Emblem

My Cars
    2001 325i

325i Hood Emblem

Hello,

Ive got a 2001 325i. The hood emblem has fallen off. I've looked online for replacements but when looking at sites and on youtube videos the emblem has two "Knobs" on the backside of the emblem that fit into two grommets. The two grommets seem to fit into a rubber pad, this pad is also missing and i can't seem to find a site that sells the emblem,grommets, and pad. I hope I've explained my situation well enough.

Any suggestions ?
    Thanks
    Mrdust

My Cars
    2001 325i; 2006 325i
    rubber pad? I don't remember that. There may have been a plastic gasket of sorts. I looked at a few pics and it seems that it's just a thin plastic disk. If needed, I'm sure that you could just improvise something with a thin mouse pad or something.

My Cars
    2009 BMW 328, 1998 BMW 3
    There are several DIY vids on Youtube on how to do it. Would be best to ask from the dealership for any recommendations too.

My Cars
    E46 wag. E36 convertible
    I just replaced all but the hood 'BMW' (I think the used dealer replaced that) badge emblems on my 03, three series.. including also tail-gate and all four wheel emblems. Upon my research, EBAY, and several others offer an aftermarket product here. The rear tail-gate emblem I ordered thru my local BMW dealer...$42......it was said to include two screws.....but when I got it, there were no screws and it would not have mattered. The emblem, a plastic chromed body with an aluminum lithograph BMW insignia..a nice one, well constructed...but it GLUES on with sticky-back tape...and this is ok..it worked. Wheel emblems also, BMW origin..sticky-back tape. I think this is all ok...myself. Also.........The wheel emblems use a plastic insert with emblem set into...and the silver paint on these had failed. You must center the new sticky backed emblem perfectly in the center of the clip-insert....or you are screwed!

My Cars
    1989 325ix, 2005 325xi
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdust View Post
    ...i can't seem to find a site that sells the emblem,grommets, and pad. ....Any suggestions ?
    Go on RealOEM and get the correct part numbers. Using these parts numbers search on any of the many online retailers that sell BMW parts.