Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sound system replacements

My Cars
    '95 740i
    Good stuff! My radio has just landed in Ohio to be sent up here to Toronto by Friday they promise. (not the same as yours, but just as exciting!)
    Tis the season!

|| 1995 740i || M60B40 || DUDMD || ̶o̶r̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶e̶ Mercedes Brilliant Blue Metallic || Style 168 Wheels 1" Spacers ||

My Cars
    1998 e38 740il
    [QUOTE=clivesay;29771910]Sorry I'm not really knowledgable about all the audio stuff. Does it still require a complete new harness routing if you have DSP and no nav? I have a prefacelift car.[/QUOTE

The only time you probably wouldn't need the aftermarket harness, is when you have a non-dsp system. In your case, yes you will need their harness, which they will charge you extra for.

A reminder to you guys with the Daisaita unit, the whole thing will fit into your dash fine, but the bottom part may stick out a bit since it's held in by two mounting screws at the top only. You'll have to devise some sort of bracket or hook or something to retain the lower portion so that it'll sit flush with the rest of the console.

My Cars
    2000 BMW 735i / 72 Monte

Last week-end I have insalled my unit.
    It works good but it was a PITA to install!
    Last edited by Shnalla; 08-14-2017 at 11:22 AM.

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnalla View Post

Last week-end I have insalled my unit.
    It works good but it was a PITA to install!

kool.. more pics? Were you able to resolve the issue of the bottom sticking out?
    "A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering." - Freeman Dyson

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by kahlilj View Post
    kool.. more pics? Were you able to resolve the issue of the bottom sticking out?
    There is a way I made mine flush as possible
    IMG_3396.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    2000 BMW 735i / 72 Monte
    Yes, it's as flush as the orignal unit was.
    I made a little bracket screwed on the metal frame and it's perfectly flushed!
    Last edited by Shnalla; 08-15-2017 at 04:25 PM.

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Pics Shnalla. Pics! lol

"A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering." - Freeman Dyson

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Greygoose82 View Post
    Sorry I'm not really knowledgable about all the audio stuff. Does it still require a complete new harness routing if you have DSP and no nav? I have a prefacelift car.[/QUOTE

The only time you probably wouldn't need the aftermarket harness, is when you have a non-dsp system. In your case, yes you will need their harness, which they will charge you extra for.

A reminder to you guys with the Daisaita unit, the whole thing will fit into your dash fine, but the bottom part may stick out a bit since it's held in by two mounting screws at the top only. You'll have to devise some sort of bracket or hook or something to retain the lower portion so that it'll sit flush with the rest of the console.
    Quote Originally Posted by franco90 View Post
    There is a way I made mine flush as possible

Yes, it's as flush as the orignal unit was.
    I made a little bracket screwed on the metal frame and it's perfectly flushed!
    Can y'all show pics of the underneath area please? Also what does the fitting look like that you fabricated/used to get the bottom to flush?

My Cars
    2000 BMW 735i / 72 Monte
    Can y'all show pics of the underneath area please?
    Sorry I did not take pictures of the fabricated bracket...

Here is how it looks like from below
    DSC_1711.jpg
    The bottom of the unit rest against the metal frame.
    It looks a but strange on the picture but in fact it's way better.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Can y'all show pics of the underneath area please? Also what does the fitting look like that you fabricated/used to get the bottom to flush?

i will today after work
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR

DSC_1711.jpg
    Kool thanks... just to clarify yours does not have DSP right? Was there any fitment issues with the HVAC unit in back?

My Cars
    2000 BMW 735i / 72 Monte
    Kool thanks... just to clarify yours does not have DSP right? Was there any fitment issues with the HVAC unit in back?
    Yep, no DSP.
    The unit fit perfectly without touching the HVAC, don't worry!

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    i will today after work
    Franco did you get a Dasaita unit too, but just a different model?

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Franco did you get a Dasaita unit too, but just a different model?
    NO I did not I got this model

https://www.seicane.com/inch-in-dash...ontrol-s089993
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR

Ahh yes that's right, but you considered this Dasaita unit before choosing the seicane? If so why? If not what other units did you consider?

My Cars
    95 740i, 89 735i,
    I thought u had the Xtrons unit the whole time

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by ibumpers View Post
    I thought u had the Xtrons unit the whole time
    NO I GOT MY OWN THREAD ON MY UNIT. search lol
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    318 E36 Cabrio, E38 735i

DSC_1711.jpg
    Could anyone please take some photos how did you managed to get this unit fit? For me it sticks out from the sides like this:

Also, my original radio had two radio antennas connected. But new Android unit only has one connector and now the signal is quite weak. Are you using only one antenna or is there any solution to improve the signal?

I ordered the iBUS USB Interface (what I connected to iBus line from the MID) and use this app. Now all my OBC functions are working well. I recommend to do this for all android head unit users.

My Cars
    740I Sport

Hi Franco... it's David... we drove up togther from Cody fest some years ago..

[QUOTE=franco90;29804209]NO I GOT MY OWN THREAD ON MY UNIT. search lol[/QUOTE
    I put the 9" touchscreen in my wife's e53 and was wondering about installing in the E38. ... any tips or issues with your unit... I am having a problem with it staying connected nthe wifi... apart from that it is good gps android 7.1 DVD Bluetooth , music, iPod support, rear camera and great sound.

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    My issue is deciding which unit to go with but there seems to be no correlation between pricing and what Android OS it's running...how can one running 7.1 be cheaper than one running 6.0 or lower?

$251 for 6.0 - https://www.ebay.com/itm/9-Android-6...wAAOSwRJ1Zn4jG
    $260 for 7.1 - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Android-7-1...5Y2hSi&vxp=mtr
    $268 for 5.1 - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Android-5-1...JYvPfZ&vxp=mtr
    $349 for 4.2.2 - https://avinusa.com/bmw-5-series-e39...on-system.html

EDIT - seems some of these are quad core Allwinner chipsets vs octa core Rockchip chipsets...the octa being faster overall. The Dasaita used in this thread is an octa core, explaining it's price differences. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8smM...ature=youtu.be

Also are you guys running a backup camera and which one? Do you also have MirrorLink on your Dasaita units?

Coming back to this because I'm back at looking at AVIN units (see links below) for my E70 X5M and the GF's E61 535xiT. AVIN has their own E39/E53 unit (see bottom link above), he's said the information is outdated on the link I provided above, but as you can see, the screens have more of an NBT look to them. Is that worth an extra $100, not really, but AVIN is being cool with me and throwing in free backup cameras, GPS splitters, etc in an attempt to get me to buy three stereos at once...the reason I'm questioning the eBay variations is because AVIN has offered to get me one of these lowered priced units linked above so I can make it a one stop purchase.

E70 - https://avinusa.com/10-25-bmw-x5-x6-...on-system.html
    E61 - https://avinusa.com/8-8-bmw-5-series...on-system.html
    Last edited by m5james; 12-07-2017 at 12:07 AM.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    PERFORMANCE:JB4 w/ meth, stage 2 tune, wrapped downpipes, custom intake
    INTERIOR:AVIN 10.25" screen, Blackvue 550 dashcam, 7" tablet for JB4 logging
    EXTERIOR:Niche staggered 20's or AC Forged staggered 22's, H&R 2" suspension, LED AE, CF front splitter
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    PERFORMANCE:///M5 6spd swap, iron sleeves, L/W Teflon coated & silicone impregnated pistons, Sealed Power rings, 3 angle valvejob, P&P head, perf cams, electric fan, CF intake tube w/aluminium heatshield/wrapped MAF tubing, Magnaflow 14816'd, Eaton M112 in-work
    INTERIOR:Android Dynavin, hardwired V1 above rearview, 12" RE Audio DVC sub, MTX 81000D monoblock, CF silver trim, 5% tint
    EXTERIOR:///MPar staggered 19's, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, custom notched bumper, Shadowline trim, 750iL brakes w/ Axxis pads
    190hp 97 328ci
    PERFORMANCE:Single mass flywheel, ///M3 clutch
    EXTERIOR:Z4///M staggered 18's, rolled fenders, tinted markers

My Cars
    '95 740i
    Not clicking all those links but I got 8 core one and it boots up instantly when I turn on the car, not quickly, instantly. As for cameras, you could use whatever camera you want whether it's $5 or $150 on eBay.

|| 1995 740i || M60B40 || DUDMD || ̶o̶r̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶e̶ Mercedes Brilliant Blue Metallic || Style 168 Wheels 1" Spacers ||

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    I've since edited my post and added some info as well as a video showing bootup times, UI differences, etc between the quad core and octa core units. That video alone helped me decide that octa core is the way to go, not only for the SLIGHT increase in speed, but less audio stuttering via more memory and a subwoofer adjustment within the EQ screen. I kinda answered my own questions but this could be helpful for others as well.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    PERFORMANCE:JB4 w/ meth, stage 2 tune, wrapped downpipes, custom intake
    INTERIOR:AVIN 10.25" screen, Blackvue 550 dashcam, 7" tablet for JB4 logging
    EXTERIOR:Niche staggered 20's or AC Forged staggered 22's, H&R 2" suspension, LED AE, CF front splitter
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    PERFORMANCE:///M5 6spd swap, iron sleeves, L/W Teflon coated & silicone impregnated pistons, Sealed Power rings, 3 angle valvejob, P&P head, perf cams, electric fan, CF intake tube w/aluminium heatshield/wrapped MAF tubing, Magnaflow 14816'd, Eaton M112 in-work
    INTERIOR:Android Dynavin, hardwired V1 above rearview, 12" RE Audio DVC sub, MTX 81000D monoblock, CF silver trim, 5% tint
    EXTERIOR:///MPar staggered 19's, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, custom notched bumper, Shadowline trim, 750iL brakes w/ Axxis pads
    190hp 97 328ci
    PERFORMANCE:Single mass flywheel, ///M3 clutch
    EXTERIOR:Z4///M staggered 18's, rolled fenders, tinted markers

My Cars
    318 E36 Cabrio, E38 735i
    I finally got mine installed correctly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    1998 E38 750iL
    Love it! I need to get my CFO (wife) to sign off on a radio upgrade b/c I really want that one!

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    [QUOTE=davewlee;29897472]
    NO I GOT MY OWN THREAD ON MY UNIT. search lol[/QUOTE
    I put the 9" touchscreen in my wife's e53 and was wondering about installing in the E38. ... any tips or issues with your unit... I am having a problem with it staying connected nthe wifi... apart from that it is good gps android 7.1 DVD Bluetooth , music, iPod support, rear camera and great sound.

did you ever fixed the error you need to contract the Seller and they will send you a link to upgrade your files to make it work.
    El Cid 1999 IL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123