Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Think it's time to part my car.

My Cars
    2001 E38 iL

Think it's time to part my car.

Well, I just don't have the time to commit to this car and either I throw a new transmission in her and sell, or just start tearing her apart and selling off the goodies and then let the junk yard take her.

Looks like parts would fetch more cash then the whole car and so I'm leaning towards ripping her to shreds.

IMG_6605.jpg

My Cars
    are slow
    Too good to part.

Don't choose the easy way out.

My Cars
    '98 E38 740IL, '01 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by XAlt View Post
    Too good to part.

Don't choose the easy way out.
    agreed
    TRPCHGE - '01 740i Black/Black 230k'ish - Power folding mirrors, Mk.IV Nav, 16:9, M-pars, Sport seats, Sport wheel, Steptronic, Euro rear fog switch, 2.50" X-Pipe, Shadowline, E53 4.6is Cluster, Lacewood interior, Chromeline, 3.15, Bilstein B6+H&R Stage II's. - SOLD 06/21

BSKCASE - '98 740il Arctic Silver/Black 175k'ish - Face-lifted, 3" Projectors, Shadowline, 01 Tails, Hydro Trunk, Sunshades, 750il Full interior retrofit, Sport Seats, Steptronic, Face-lift Steering Column, X5 Steering wheel, E53 4.6is Cluster, Euro E66 Piano black/Chrome Grab-handles, Chromeline, Suede Pillars/Headliner, Auto wipers/Lights, Lighted Handles interior/Exterior, Dual battery retrofit.

WIP: Custom Style 42 18x9.5" ET12, 18x10.5" ET8, 3.15 LSD Rear diff.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Just sell it, don't eviscerate it.

My Cars
    2001 740iL Prod 4/2000
    Oh, and quite the looker...always had a soft spot for Black on Black...

You could throw a trans in her and drive her....damn shame I'm 3,000 miles away, I'd do a Knight move and save her.

My Cars
    2000 740IL
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    Just sell it, don't eviscerate it.
    +1

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    If u part it I take the tail lights buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Also take the sunroof shade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    00 750IL, 01 740IL
    That is one clean car

Alpine 7even is offline The King Of E38 Custom BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    e38 iL, F-e38 iL, e23 L7
    Pics of the interior Raudi?

-2000 iL Individual. VF Supercharged at 12psi, Dinan MAF and TB, 6spd 420g swap, Euro under body guards, strong strut, N62 engine cover, Hydro trunk, Full suspension mods, Brembo F+R big brakes, custom headliner/interior, Bi-Xenon headlights, wide screen nav/mk4, Custom splash screen (I make them), coded video module with custom made harness, reverse camera, Intravee II, factory rear screen entertainment console, rear comms armrest, rear blower, seat back tables and writing tablet, all euro options coded on etc.
    -1997 iL. Pioneer 8500nex double din/Avic navigation, swc and dsp still functional. Reverse camera, full suspension upgrades, leather dash, console and door cards, rear blower, Re-upholstered seats, facelift sport contour seats, heated steering wheel, 750 front brakes, custom cup holder replacing the front ash tray, all euro options coded, headliner in black, rear headliner MID console.

My Cars
    1999 740Il,1999 Corvette
    Where in California? I'm in the north by Sacramento.

My Cars
    e34,e38,e39,e46,e70,e90
    Let me get this straight, I live only an hour away from you, I offered you I would find the problem, and if its a simple electrical issue (which I'm certain it is) fix it for FREE + parts, and instead you want to part it out?!?!

Dude, I know weed is now legal in CA, but how much of that stuff have you been sucking on???

Sell it whole to the members above that are interested if you're tired of it. A part out will net you $2,500 with plenty of headaches and lots of work you don't want to do anyway. In other words, if you have time to part it out, you have time to tear it up and fix it.

For those of you interested, the car is in great shape, I saw it about a year ago before the trans problem. The leather seats have all been re-upholstered with new leather (and have the M style three colors stitched into them), full suspension work, brand new OE Mpars, Raudi did not spare any expense. Only issue I saw was front bumper had a trim piece missing and a crack. Go to JY, get another bumper and paint it, done for less that $300. Based on his description of the trans problem, its most likely an electrical issue. All the new owner would have to do is sort out the trans issue and drive a super example of an e38.
    Last edited by kouks; 05-05-2017 at 06:44 PM.

02 e39 540i Sport (Son), 01 DINAN 7 (Me), 12 e70 X5 x35i (Mrs), 95 e34 525i (Daughter 2), 01 e46 325Ci vert (Daughter 1)

My Cars
    00 750IL, 01 740IL
    Kouks,

Where you live?

My Cars
    e34,e38,e39,e46,e70,e90
    Quote Originally Posted by asianvenom View Post
    Kouks,

Where you live?
    Where my profile says I live, Lancaster, CA

02 e39 540i Sport (Son), 01 DINAN 7 (Me), 12 e70 X5 x35i (Mrs), 95 e34 525i (Daughter 2), 01 e46 325Ci vert (Daughter 1)

My Cars
    00 750IL, 01 740IL
    Quote Originally Posted by kouks View Post

Where my profile says I live, Lancaster, CA
    Hahaha sorry bud I'm on mobile app.

My Cars
    e34,e38,e39,e46,e70,e90
    Hahaha sorry bud I'm on mobile app.
    Sorry, I've become the grumpy old man. Where's Binjammin' ?

My Cars
    00 750IL, 01 740IL

I hope you were near by, so I can offer you some beers............. and share with you my transmission issues lol

My Cars
    1996 740iL
    I checked on him some months back. Said he was out of the E38 game and all out of 'rhymes with trucks' to give. So I guess it's your job going forward.

My Cars
    e34,e38,e39,e46,e70,e90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayorchuck View Post
    I checked on him some months back. Said he was out of the E38 game and all out of 'rhymes with trucks' to give. So I guess it's your job going forward.
    HA! Those are pretty big shoes to fill, don't think I'm there yet. But I'll keep trying.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope you were near by, so I can offer you some beers............. and share with you my transmission issues lol
    I visit Aquila in near the Oakland airport about once a month. If you've been at his shop maybe we can meet sometime.

My Cars
    2001 E38 iL
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine 7even View Post
    Pics of the interior Raudi?

These are pics from my build thread but the car is unchanged expect for the Seat backs which I put back to Gray.

Last edited by Raudi Driver; 05-07-2017 at 04:34 PM.

My Cars
    2001 E38 iL
    Let me get this straight, I live only an hour away from you, I offered you I would find the problem, and if its a simple electrical issue (which I'm certain it is) fix it for FREE + parts, and instead you want to part it out?!?!

Dude, I know weed is now legal in CA, but how much of that stuff have you been sucking on???

Sell it whole to the members above that are interested if you're tired of it. A part out will net you $2,500 with plenty of headaches and lots of work you don't want to do anyway. In other words, if you have time to part it out, you have time to tear it up and fix it.

For those of you interested, the car is in great shape, I saw it about a year ago before the trans problem. The leather seats have all been re-upholstered with new leather (and have the M style three colors stitched into them), full suspension work, brand new OE Mpars, Raudi did not spare any expense. Only issue I saw was front bumper had a trim piece missing and a crack. Go to JY, get another bumper and paint it, done for less that $300. Based on his description of the trans problem, its most likely an electrical issue. All the new owner would have to do is sort out the trans issue and drive a super example of an e38.
    The front bumper has been replaced, thanks to michael. It's an anthracite one but it's blends in nice enough to drive around and nobody would notice it unless they actually were looking for it.

I poured about 8 k into the car and paid $7,900 for the car itself. I'v already been offered over $1,00 for the seats. The wheels will sell for another $1000. That's 2k right there. Add in the Intravee and 2 Alpine Modules for Sirius and iPod and that's another $300.

I've then got got the new EDC suspension and all the suspension parts. Move on to the interior pieces and the body panels, I think I can pull over $4,000 for the job then scrap the rest. It would be sad to scrap this one as it holds original paint and no bodywork, except now for the bumper.

Another route would be to fix her but I'd hate to get a new transmission and then have it not be the issue.

If someone showed me 4k right now, I'd let her go as I'd like to recoup some of the money I've invested into it. This car was a hard run for me. To many headaches and issues made this one a very bad venture.

Bill, I forgot what your original offer was but I'm thinking you offered $2,500 for the car. If I hadn't done the seats, wheels and shocks, it would be a done deal. However, I purchased brand new OEM Mpars, EDC struts, and paid out the wazoo for these stupid seats. What was I thinking? I guess the E38 allure got the best of me. I've since moved on to the best car I've ever owned and don't think I can go back to driving the E38, unless it's Brandon's E38.

Oh, and not that it matters but I hate pot.
    Last edited by Raudi Driver; 05-07-2017 at 05:34 PM.

My Cars
    98 740il, 00 540i,04 ZHP
    Well, I hope you don't part it and it's around in a few months when I start working.
    '98 740il | 9/97 build | schwarz 2 | sandbeige | 5AT | 270k
    '04 330i ZHP sedan | Mystic blue | Alcantara | 6MT | 120k
    '00 540i sport | Titanium silver | Black | 5AT | 152k
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 216k | one owner, all original

mods: m-pars | Bilsteins & B&G springs | ValentineOne | StealthOne
    retrofits: full nav | MKIV | bluetooth TCU | BM53 w/ AUX input | video module w/ AV input & backup cam | oem sirius xm | xenon | shades | PDC | rain sensor | BMW DWS TPMS | lighted door handles | front seat heaters | heated steering wheel | euro rear fog lights | ski pass | folding mirrors

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Raudi Driver View Post

The front bumper has been replaced, thanks to michael. It's an anthracite one but it's blends in nice enough to drive around and nobody would notice it unless they actually were looking for it.

I poured about 8 k into the car and paid $7,900 for the car itself. I'v already been offered over $1,00 for the seats. The wheels will sell for another $1000. That's 2k right there. Add in the Intravee and 2 Alpine Modules for Sirius and iPod and that's another $300.

I've then got got the new EDC suspension and all the suspension parts. Move on to the interior pieces and the body panels, I think I can pull over $4,000 for the job then scrap the rest. It would be sad to scrap this one as it holds original paint and no bodywork, except now for the bumper.

Another route would be to fix her but I'd hate to get a new transmission and then have it not be the issue.

If someone showed me 4k right now, I'd let her go as I'd like to recoup some of the money I've invested into it. This car was a hard run for me. To many headaches and issues made this one a very bad venture.

Bill, I forgot what your original offer was but I'm thinking you offered $2,500 for the car. If I hadn't done the seats, wheels and shocks, it would be a done deal. However, I purchased brand new OEM Mpars, EDC struts, and paid out the wazoo for these stupid seats. What was I thinking? I guess the E38 allure got the best of me. I've since moved on to the best car I've ever owned and don't think I can go back to driving the E38, unless it's Brandon's E38.

What did you buy?

My Cars
    e34,e38,e39,e46,e70,e90
    Quote Originally Posted by Raudi Driver View Post

Ed, just messing with you...

Yes, I knew you would not take my offer, but just like I told you, a 17 yr old BMW that can't drive isn't worth much, no matter what kind of money you poured into it.

My offer to find the problem or to buy it still stands.

My Cars
    2001 E38 iL
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecty View Post
    What did you buy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast