RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Intermittent fuel pump failure warning on 2011 328xi

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328xi

Intermittent fuel pump failure warning on 2011 328xi

Hi All,

Last week my car stalled on the side of the highway after throwing a fuel pump failure warning. I ended up having it towed, although it did start for me once or twice in the hour I was waiting, but didn't want to risk it and had it taken to a BMW dealer. They got fault codes in the pump and the fuel pump module and recommended I replace both, but I ended up replacing just the pump. A week later, my car has stalled twice with the same warning. If I let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour with the key out, it will start and drive normally. My question is, is replacing the module the answer to this problem or could this be caused by some other problem? The dealership I took it to is kind of notorious for screwing people and there aren't many BMW certified shops in my area so I want to make sure I'm not getting jerked before throwing another $600 at the problem. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Hello and welcome to the forum! Before you go and spend more $$, post the fault codes that the dealer read. Members here are very knowledgeable and based off the codes will be able to tell you if the module needs replacing or if it's another piece that needs attention.
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328xi
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Parts View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum! Before you go and spend more $$, post the fault codes that the dealer read. Members here are very knowledgeable and based off the codes will be able to tell you if the module needs replacing or if it's another piece that needs attention.
    EN001 and FU001. Fuel pump control voltage faults stored. Recommended to replace fuel pump and module. That's what I got, as well as some other minor things with the break lights and the adjustment on the left headlamp. The battery is original so I'm also getting some low voltage.