Thread: Diagnostic Software and INPA Cable DIS V57 + SSS

My Cars
    2008 BMW 335i Convertibl

Question Diagnostic Software and INPA Cable DIS V57 + SSS

I just want to read and reset codes in my 2008 335i E93 if/when they occur.
    Not really interested in coding. I'm not really interested in doing any tuning. If I do add modifications I would pretty much just let my local indy guy take care of it for me.

I'm looking at this kit from Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-USB-OBD-...-/231378056568

Is this sufficient for what I want to do?

Is anyone else using this?
    Look! Before our very eyes, the future is becoming the past.

My Cars
    2009 335i M-Sport Coupe
    Your car is new enough that DIS/PROGMAN isn't really sufficient. ISTA+ is the successor to DIS, just PM me and I'll send you free download links for the ISTA+ program. You just need a $20 K+DCAN cable.
    ISTA is the newest dealer diagnostic program, you can read codes, run test plans, read live data, and run service procedures to initialize new components. It's not exactly intuitive, but it's easy to use and entirely in English.
    Last edited by RocketSurgeon; 05-04-2017 at 12:55 PM.

My Cars
    2008 BMW 335i Convertibl
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
    Your car is new enough that DIS/PROGMAN isn't really sufficient. ISTA+ is the successor to DIS, just PM me and I'll send you free download links for the ISTA+ program. You just need a $20 K+DCAN cable.
    ISTA is the newest dealer diagnostic program, you can read codes, run test plans, read live data, and run service procedures to initialize new components. It's not exactly intuitive, but it's easy to use and entirely in English.
    Thanks.

PM sent.

Looking for the K+DCAN cable and it looks like I'll need to make sure to use a laptop with either Windows XP installed or Win7x32
    I have an old laptop laying around that I can install Win7x32 on.

I also see where I need a green board version of the cable. I guess there are white and blue boards that are having problems.

Going to take a shot at this cable.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza
    Look! Before our very eyes, the future is becoming the past.

My Cars
    2001 325i; 2006 325i
    I'm sure that I'll be getting into a dedicated laptop and software, but I'm just not up for getting it all setup and running right now. I just opted for this...http://www.ebay.com/itm/172319102926...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It'll do all the stuff that you mentioned, coding and adaptations. I just got it because it's going to be a lot easier to carry around in the car than a laptop. Still, like I said, I'm sure that I'll be going the way of the laptop at some point. BTW, I saw that there is a guy on ebay selling a dedicated "diagnostic" laptop with the software already on it and configured. I don't know anything about it, but is sure looks like the lazy man's way into it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-for-2017...oAAOSwOgdYz7As

My Cars
    2009 x5
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
    I just ordered the cable off Amazon. Would you mind sending me the link to the INPA software? I Also can I run it in Windows 10 in win 7 mode?

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by bikedad View Post
    Thanks.

PM sent.

Looking for the K+DCAN cable and it looks like I'll need to make sure to use a laptop with either Windows XP installed or Win7x32
    I have an old laptop laying around that I can install Win7x32 on.

I also see where I need a green board version of the cable. I guess there are white and blue boards that are having problems.

Going to take a shot at this cable.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza

Windows 7 64bit or later would be great...I use Windows 7 ultimate with 4GB RAM.

My Cars
    2008 Acura TL TYPE-S
    Can you please share the link with me? Thank you in advance.