Thread: Help! Tried multiple different tools but nothin

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330i E46 M54

Help! Tried multiple different tools but nothin

Hi there. I have a 2001 BMW 330i E46 M54 Sedan. It all started last summer. Car drove fine when out of nowhere when I went to start it, it would turn over 5 or so times until finally starting and had no power whatsoever. This was solved by using a Snap-on code reader to clear the codes. After so all was good. The problem now is that the spedometer out of nowhere stopped working. It does not work whatsoever.Using an Autel OBD2 reader I was able to identify that 3 of 4 of the wheel speed sensors are fautly. I have since replaced all four sensors with BMW ones from the wreck, aftermarket ones from my local shop, and even jumping them. I've also done so with many other sensors too. After no luck with that I decided to buy the BMW 1.4 Scanner
    https://www.amazon.ca/iSaddle-Scanne...ds=Bmw+scanner
    That's the one I ordered. My problem is that when starting the identification in BMW scan tool I get the error connection error with IKE I press ok and then I get right after the same error but with EWS. I have tried on Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) with and without compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3. I also full out installed Windows XP but no matter what I get the same error. I've also ran as administrater. Pins 7 and 8 were jumped from factory and I have also tried jumping pins 1 and 2 with no luck. I'm using the port on the driver's side as there is no 20 pin under the hood.
    I then ordered
    https://www.amazon.ca/Joykit-OBDII-D...&keywords=Inpa
    I have tried using Windows 7and XP with the same error when I attempt to scan anything: INPA Error IFH-0009: NO RESPONSE FROM CONTROL UNIT

I have tried absolutely everything that I can possibly think of so hopefully somebody has a suggestion! Any help od much aprreciated. Thanks!

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Does your COM port number in Device manager for USB Serial Port device match the COM port number in C:/EDIABAS/bin/OBD.ini file?
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330i E46 M54
    Yes it is. I have both set to COM1.

My Cars
    2007 BMW 550i, 1995 540i
    Any solution to this? I'm getting the same error with probably the same cable.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The IKE module is the gateway for diagnostic communication with your vehicle. I have previously encountered a situation where the IKE module data has been corrupted and has resulted in communication with the vehicle using most diagnostic software being impossible. This situation was rectified by using PA Soft/BMW Scanner to communicate with the IKE module and download the hex values stored in the module. I then manually edited these values using a hex editor and information from NCSDummy concerning correct configuration data for the subject car (no need to edit every value - the corrupted values will normally be evident as empty data sets - i.e. 00). The edited hex file can then be uploaded back to your car using PA Soft/BMW Scanner and error codes can be cleared. This should result in communication being re-established with the module but unless you are extremely experienced or very lucky, not all values will be correct. This situation can be corrected once you have re-established diagnostic communication by using NCSExpert to code your car back to its default values.