Thread: 1999 323i Build Also know as the Mali Era Build

My Cars
    99 323I

1999 323i Build Also know as the Mali Era Build

Whats going on Bimmerforum? Haven't been on this site in few a years because of Cyber Bullies who never show their face in their avatars, but are constantly hating on your car when you are just trying to find your own identity and OWN STYLE. They think its cool to give pure negativity when it really isn't necessary. However, I'm Starting a new build for my vehicle which I feel is a great starter. I had numerous cars before this one but I never really found my own style. I always watched and looked at people cars and made decisions on what looks good to the public eye, but this time around I'm more comfortable in my skin and I know way more then I did when I had my old car. With this car I plan on praising the e36 body and keeping everything stock with a little twist, I hope to gain some friends and supporters on this build. Stay tuned and I also encourage commentary this time around. #TheMaliEra

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Welcome back to the forum! I've attached a link to our site's DIY tech articles on the E36 platform. These should help when you start the build and with any maintenance/fixes you may be doing in the future. Best of luck and please let us know if you have any questions!

http://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/tech...h_main_e36.htm
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    99 323I
    Sorry for the wait i was trying to find some time to take some proper pictures of her. So... this is the car I'm going to build and make a cruiser for those nice city nights in NYC.

My Cars
    99 323I
    i found her in New Jersey at a dealership. it took me 1 week (7 days ) to clean her ,and it wasn't easy. The car looked like it had been sitting for at least 6 months due to all the bugs and dirt in the vehicle . The top was and still Is in bad shape so my first objective is to fix that and then work my way out to the exterior . The car is in good shape FOR A 1999 no lights are on it ,and the dealer said he did an overhaul on the radiator system so that buys me some time to work on some other things.

- - - Updated - - -

Side view !

- - - Updated - - -

Instagram : BronxBimmer718

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Great looking car man, and super clean interior. Let us know if you have any part or tech related questions - happy to help out.
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    E36 325i (sold)
    Congrats on the find, super clean! Looking forward to your progress.

My Cars
    99 323I
    Thanks !

My Cars
    99 323I
    So i have a story to tell about lights on the dash board... about two weeks ago the check engine light comes on... i ask my friend for his scanner and the code p0412 shows up so i instantly look up the code and find out its the secondary oxygen pump ... i go to the fuse box to check a few fuses .... come to find out the oxygen fuse is under the glove compartment ,but i got a nice pic of my box lol

- - - Updated - - -

i run to my local auto store and purchase a few new tubes because the ones that were on the pump were old and damaged ...

- - - Updated - - -

Then I Changed the other tube

- - - Updated - - -

so now that i changed the tubing I'm thinking hey this light should be reset and ill be okay ! ... y'all know the light came right back on after a few miles ...

My Cars
    99 323I
    so I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out a solution .... i checked the valves and i also checked inside of the pump everything seemed to be working fine ..... so i did a long research on the pumps and its correlation with the #BMW. i have a friend who i asked to check for me on the UK websites about the issue .... he then tells me that the light comes on if you have the key in the ignition while getting gas or if you get bad gas.... so i ran the car out on empty twice and filled it back with 93 ... the last time i went to the gas station the light came off.... i was so excited.. just to think something so simple can cause so much mayheim

My Cars
    99 323I
    I HAVE A FEW PICS OF MY BAY LOL GET IT BAE SHE ALITTLE DIRTY SO DONT JUDGE ,BUT I PLAN ON CLEANING HER UP NEXT WEEK AFTER I DETAIL THE CAR

- - - Updated - - -

WAS TRYING TO FRENCH MY LIGHTS TODAY BUT IT WAS NOT AS EASY AS I THOUGHT SO I LEFT IT ALONE

- - - Updated - - -