Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Look what showed up today!

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Not powder coating, ceramic coating mainly for heat control the look is a plus. Accessories Plus in Belmont, Ca

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

My Cars
    97 850CI
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon850 View Post
    Behold!!!! Mk Motorsport headers ceramic coated inside out and polished in all their glory!! Test fitted the most difficult one, drivers side rear, success, it fits!!! Just waiting for some parts and we are in business!

HOLY CRAP!!! They are a work of art. They are way too pretty to hide down beside your engine. The living room wall is where they belong. They are beautiful.
    Desecrator of all things Sacred

My Cars
    1991 850i / 6
    Hi Dragon850, you certainly invested wisely in these headers and the ceramic coating. Not only are they highly functional, but now you can open your hood with that extra degree of pride
    that gives you the warm fuzzies in the pit of your stomach. Would you tell us a little about the effectiveness of ceramic coating for the purpose of reducing under hood temperatures. Keep doing the good work hombre.

My Cars
    BMW 850
    I want to hear about the gains and see how it looks under the hood!!!

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Guys, I am in the process of installation.... let me put it this way, I would not do this again.
    Driver's side is in, working on tightening the bolts still.
    If any of you guys do this, the engine has to be pulled. Period.

My Cars
    BMW 850
    may the force be with you!!!

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    The force is still with me but I feel like I need some new batteries

My Cars
    850i
    Hey Dragon,

Did you get them in without taking out the motor? Please pm me as to where you got them and how much you paid for them as I would perhaps maybe go down that road again.... I would think the starter, alternator and all manor of engine appendage would have to be removed before installation attempt, sorry if otherwise, I didn't have time to read four months of posts.

My Cars
    E31s
    Quote Originally Posted by sickle44 View Post
    Hey Dragon,

Did you get them in without taking out the motor? Please pm me as to where you got them and how much you paid for them as I would perhaps maybe go down that road again.... I would think the starter, alternator and all manor of engine appendage would have to be removed before installation attempt, sorry if otherwise, I didn't have time to read four months of posts.
    Don't go back 4 months; just read post #55 in this string!
    SteveCT
    E31s
    F30 daily driver

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Hey Dragon,

Hi, yes so far so good as far as fitting them without taking the engine out, however if at all possible if you have any other work to do like replacing upper pan gasket I would HIGHLY suggest you pull the engine out to do this job. Problem is not only fitting them in, its tightening all the bolts up, some of the bolts are positioned in such a way that there is no space at all to turn even the smallest wrench. I am having to resort to 6mm stubby allen wrench at the moment with very tight turning radius. It is doable, but lots of patience required, I am not known for patience and often prone to use a big hammer to take revenge on the car That's why I am taking my time and walking away when I feel I am getting frustrated.
    MK Motorsport is the manufacturer, they are retailing for 3800 euro which is a great price IMO considering custom header manufacturers were quoting me over 5k usd. Fitment as far as lining up with the head ports and exhaust is super precise to my amazement!
    Last edited by dragon850; 06-13-2017 at 10:36 PM.

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    I can't believe it, finally the drivers side is done!

My Cars
    E31 4.4, E66 V12, E70 TT
    Looks great! Congrats!

When I find/buy my 3rd 850 I am considering taking it to MK for a full 6.0 engine build, I have heard many good things about them here in Europe, and the are the only OG E31 tuner that still tune E31s in 2017... well done to them. This car would also receive the full Hamann treatment, as I have managed to hoard every part that Hamann has produced for the E31 over the years (bodykit, exhaust, springs, strut brace... even an invoice and build sheet ) Just need a set od 11.5j rear PG.1s, but thats the least of my worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 E31 840CI "Sport" 4.4 - Hellrot Red - Black Nappa Leather - Every Option available - OEM 65M Wheels, EDC delete/Bilstein, M60-M62 engine transplant, updated software, CSI Steering box & AHK, Full AC Schnitzer kit, Wood Trim, Front Plate Delete, Xenons + LEDs, Tints, Black Ind. headliner, BREMBO BBK, Hamann Exhaust, Custom aluminium throttle bushings, KAW springs, Strong Strut, Greg K GenII sway bars, Camber Plates, Stut tower reinforcements, X-Brace, Wokke chips, Wokke Sphericals, PM Steer Plates, H&R Spacers, Pioneer AVIC-F60DAB + more.

1994 E34 530i
    - Calypsorot + Many mods

2008 E66 760LI V12 - Every Option Available + Full Individual Composition

2015 F02 750LI Xdrive - Every Option Available + Full Individual Composition

2013 E70 40d TT - Full BMW Performance Kit

2016 F06 M6 Gran Coupe Individual

My Cars
    BMW 850
    Quote Originally Posted by X5X View Post
    Looks great! Congrats! When I find/buy my 3rd 850 I am considering taking it to MK for a full 6.0 engine build, I have heard many good things about them here in Europe, and the are the only OG E31 tuner that still tune E31s in 2017... well done to them. This car would also receive the full Hamann treatment, as I have managed to hoard every part that Hamann has produced for the E31 over the years (bodykit, exhaust, springs, strut brace... even an invoice and build sheet ) Just need a set od 11.5j rear PG.1s, but thats the least of my worries. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You have a picture of the struts?
    I want that for mine

My Cars
    93 850Ci, 09 Caddy SRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon850 View Post
    I can't believe it, finally the drivers side is done!

They look fantastic! Did the coating survive the installation intact?
    1993 850Ci.....18 years & 165,000 miles and counting!

My Cars
    '93 850Ci, '07 X5 4.8
    Wow... I need a raise...

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by TedBobo View Post
    They look fantastic! Did the coating survive the installation intact?
    Thank you! Yes the coating survived very well, I put a towel underneath while installing. The coating turned out to be extremely tough, a few times where I accidentally banged them it did not chip, just a very minor scratch on the bottom side of the headers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by X5X View Post
    Looks great! Congrats!

When I find/buy my 3rd 850 I am considering taking it to MK for a full 6.0 engine build, I have heard many good things about them here in Europe, and the are the only OG E31 tuner that still tune E31s in 2017... well done to them. This car would also receive the full Hamann treatment, as I have managed to hoard every part that Hamann has produced for the E31 over the years (bodykit, exhaust, springs, strut brace... even an invoice and build sheet ) Just need a set od 11.5j rear PG.1s, but thats the least of my worries.

So are MK Motorsport fully back in business now? Another 8 series owner here locally is close to ordering 6.1L engine from them, we were excited at first but after doing some research looks like MK were dormant for close to a decade.
    They were a very well equipped tuner manufacturer back in the day with in house machine shop and very expensive engine boring equipment, but after being dormant for so long I am not sure if they are in the same shape? Or maybe they are just a former shadow of themselves. Anyone in Germany willing to go to their address and check them out?

My Cars
    850i
    Great news on MK, hopefully they also have solutions for DK and MAF rebuilding. Little pricey on the headers as that ends up being $5624CAD and that's no including shipping. Still, that's less than what the so and so ended up asking for them after originally agreeing to $4k for the whole system, then 5, no wait, then...... For that much though, I wouldn't want to source out of town again.

I'm glad you found a maker for them though, they look beautiful for sure.

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Great news on MK, hopefully they also have solutions for DK and MAF rebuilding. Little pricey on the headers as that ends up being $5624CAD and that's no including shipping. Still, that's less than what the so and so ended up asking for them after originally agreeing to $4k for the whole system, then 5, no wait, then...... For that much though, I wouldn't want to source out of town again.

I'm glad you found a maker for them though, they look beautiful for sure.
    My headers were made by Mk Motorsport, I just had them ceramic coated locally.
    I have solutions for DK motor rebuilding.

My Cars
    CSi#18, Tesla S85
    Very nice. Welcome to the header gang!
    CSi #18 - Car & Driver Magazine 1994 actual test car
    -- Hellrot/Black-Gray (1 of 1 NA CSi color combination)
    BMWCCA E31 Chapter International Clubs Liaison
    North America Representative, 8er.or Board of Directors

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    So someone said I cant get them in without pulling the engine

My Cars
    BMW 850
    any change in sound?

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatandre View Post
    any change in sound?
    Yes! Turn on your speakers

My Cars
    1991 850i S70 6 speed
    I heard it.....and YES huge difference. I mean the Remus Exhaust does help .

On a separate note, this car is scary fast!

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Fatandre View Post
    any change in sound?

My Cars
    E31 4.4, E66 V12, E70 TT
    Very nice! Adds some eye candy under the hood as well

1994 E31 840CI "Sport" 4.4 - Hellrot Red - Black Nappa Leather - Every Option available - OEM 65M Wheels, EDC delete/Bilstein, M60-M62 engine transplant, updated software, CSI Steering box & AHK, Full AC Schnitzer kit, Wood Trim, Front Plate Delete, Xenons + LEDs, Tints, Black Ind. headliner, BREMBO BBK, Hamann Exhaust, Custom aluminium throttle bushings, KAW springs, Strong Strut, Greg K GenII sway bars, Camber Plates, Stut tower reinforcements, X-Brace, Wokke chips, Wokke Sphericals, PM Steer Plates, H&R Spacers, Pioneer AVIC-F60DAB + more.

1994 E34 530i
    - Calypsorot + Many mods

2008 E66 760LI V12 - Every Option Available + Full Individual Composition

2015 F02 750LI Xdrive - Every Option Available + Full Individual Composition

2013 E70 40d TT - Full BMW Performance Kit

2016 F06 M6 Gran Coupe Individual

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast