Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Look what showed up today!

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci

Look what showed up today!

Mk Motorsport headers! Looking at the engine bay I should have done this before I put the engine in! Has anyone done header install before?? Difficulty level, medium, hard or mission impossible??

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dragon850; 04-29-2017 at 09:49 PM.

My Cars
    CSi#18, Tesla S85
    The B12 5.7 has headers. Talk about tight..... I see no way they could be put on with the motor in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    CSi #18 - Car & Driver Magazine 1994 actual test car
    -- Hellrot/Black-Gray (1 of 1 NA CSi color combination)
    BMWCCA E31 Chapter International Clubs Liaison
    North America Representative, 8er.or Board of Directors

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by rogbmw View Post
    The B12 5.7 has headers. Talk about tight..... I see no way they could be put on with the motor in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Looking more at the space it looks like the intake manifolds have to come off and ten bizarre sexual positions must be used to get them in lol
    Well first I plan to get these ceramic coated in and out to minimize heat under the hood.
    Last edited by dragon850; 04-29-2017 at 11:19 PM.

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by CDO5OO1A View Post
    Passenger side maybe. Driver's side, Um... No. Even if you have the car on a garage hoist.
    Well... maybe if you pull the heads. But probably easier to pull motor w/ cherry picker than to pull heads.

Didn't you just put this motor back together?

Maybe you should wait until you blow the engine again.

All it takes is a small coolant leak, and Ohhh... time to do head gaskets.
    Hope I don't have to pull it, and don't even mention blowing the engine!!! LOL
    I think with the intakes off there is a bit more room. Someone was telling me they installed these with engine in using lots of patience.

My Cars
    1995 840Ci, 2013 X5
    My double-jointed midget ran off screaming into the woods when he saw my exhaust job. Otherwise I'd be delighted to lend him to you.

Brett

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by ltbrett View Post
    My double-jointed midget ran off screaming into the woods when he saw my exhaust job. Otherwise I'd be delighted to lend him to you.

Brett
    Hahahaha, please let me know when you recapture him!

My Cars
    91 Dinan860 & 91 850 6sp
    Quote Originally Posted by CDO5OO1A View Post
    Maybe you should wait until you blow the engine again.
    Nahh... The rod bearings will go first

My Cars
    93 850Ci, 09 Caddy SRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon850 View Post
    Mk Motorsport headers! Looking at the engine bay I should have done this before I put the engine in! Has anyone done header install before?? Difficulty level, medium, hard or mission impossible??

Nice! How da heck did you come across those?
    1993 850Ci.....18 years & 165,000 miles and counting!

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by cartoonz View Post
    Nahh... The rod bearings will go first
    4k miles to go till you gave to admit calicoating is awesome lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TedBobo View Post
    Nice! How da heck did you come across those?
    Persistence and $$ .. you ca find anything that way

My Cars
    850iA - 1990
    Are they from Spain ? The word "Dcha", is an acronym for "Derecha" ( right ). If the answer is yes, i am quite sure about they can be installed/removed without unmounting the engine.
    Last edited by dudu850; 05-01-2017 at 05:39 AM.

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by dudu850 View Post
    Are they from Spain ? The word "Dcha", is an acronym for "Derecha" ( right ). If the answer is yes, i am quite sure about they can be installed/removed without unmounting the engine.
    Yes they are from Spain, I was wandering what Dcha meant.
    Yep they were mounted on a CSI without removing the engine.

My Cars
    Twin BMW e31's
    very jelly....

my Twins 850's and its AMG cousin

My Cars
    97 850CI
    Jealous indeed! What an amazing score. I don't even want to think about the cost.
    Desecrator of all things Sacred

My Cars
    1991 850i / 6
    Be interesting if you were able to do a before and after dyno. There is a lot of conjecture out there because of M-70 head design whether headers actually do more than give you bragging rights. Either way they certainly are sexy.

My Cars
    not enough
    Yes they are from Spain, I was wandering what Dcha meant.
    Yep they were mounted on a CSI without removing the engine.

Totally unacceptable. As a person who does indeed speak espagniolee I must now ask you to relinquish the headers without resistance I knew Super Sprint had headers for the v12, but didn't know MK had them. Until recently, I didn't know Alpinas did too! What kind of gains are you expecting from these? And best of luck with the installation...it looks like it will be "fun" any way you slice it.

¡Debéis decirme quien en España tiene guardados estos tesoros! Saludos muy cordiales, como siempre Dudu. Me hace falta darme mi vuelta por e31.es. Tiene tiempo que no visito la página.
    CB42366 - 1991 850i 6-speed. Brilliantrot & Black Nappa Leather
    CD00144 - 1994 850CSi. Hellrot & Black Nappa Leather

My other projects:
    Supercharged Tbirds, V8 Tbirds, V8 Mustang Convertible, Audi V8 Quattro & Audi S8

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by garylafortuna View Post
    Be interesting if you were able to do a before and after dyno. There is a lot of conjecture out there because of M-70 head design whether headers actually do more than give you bragging rights. Either way they certainly are sexy.
    I might be able to do a dyno before and after but it would not be a fair comparison because of the FI plus the headers will be installed in conjunction with bored out throttles. MK Motorsport is claiming 30hp gain, the headers are mapped and flow tested.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaifanSC View Post
    Totally unacceptable. As a person who does indeed speak espagniolee I must now ask you to relinquish the headers without resistance I knew Super Sprint had headers for the v12, but didn't know MK had them. Until recently, I didn't know Alpinas did too! What kind of gains are you expecting from these? And best of luck with the installation...it looks like it will be "fun" any way you slice it.

¡Debéis decirme quien en España tiene guardados estos tesoros! Saludos muy cordiales, como siempre Dudu. Me hace falta darme mi vuelta por e31.es. Tiene tiempo que no visito la página.
    Mk still makes these headers, IMO these are much better than the super sprint equivalent, MK headers are long tube, Supersprint are shorty headers and you have to buy the down pipes separately.

My Cars
    93 850Ci, 09 Caddy SRX
    Mk still makes these headers, IMO these are much better than the super sprint equivalent, MK headers are long tube, Supersprint are shorty headers and you have to buy the down pipes separately.
    Good to know....just in case I win BIG in Vegas this weekend!
    1993 850Ci.....18 years & 165,000 miles and counting!

My Cars
    '91 E31 850i,'05 E53 4.4
    TedBobo, perhaps you can win back some of my money from the Craps table there 2 weekends ago. Good luck on getting money for new 8er parts.
    I swear, my cars are like a girlfriend.
    Sometimes its a rough ride, sometimes its smooth motorin'.
    Sometimes she doesnt like how i treat her and sometimes i dont like how she behaves.
    BUT at the end of the day, she loves it when I am inside her.

My Cars
    1994 850CSi, 2007 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by TedBobo View Post
    Good to know....just in case I win BIG in Vegas this weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
    TedBobo, perhaps you can win back some of my money from the Craps table there 2 weekends ago. Good luck on getting money for new 8er parts.
    Ron, if indeed you are heading out my way this w/e, text me and let's see if we can meet up.

Also, I'd like to thank both of you for contributing some funds for the financing of the new Las Vegas Raiders' Stadium thanks to the increase in room tax ear marked for this project!
    1994 850CSi, 2007 M5, 1990 VW Westy Syncro, 2010 e61 Touring Manual

My Cars
    850iA - 1990

Hola !!! The guy who owned this kind of gadgets was "Xavirun", who sold his CSI to "Gorri850". Now Gorri850 is selling two CSi ( the one from Xavirun ( green one,36K€ ) and another one ( silver,45K€ ) ) and a low kilometers 850 ( blue, 16K€ ) as he is in love with his manual 850i ( a red one with Alpina rims ). They will be announced at 8er.org, as i suppose selling them to a non EU guy will add some additional costs. But, who knows... ;-)

Regarding these, i remember seeing a photo of them in a "hot red" colour... impressive indeed. ;-)
    Last edited by dudu850; 05-05-2017 at 12:28 PM.

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Yes Gorri850 was an easy guy to deal with, but very firm on the price... I still think I got a deal... as I was able to purchase them at half the cost of new ones from Mk.
    I think both of his CSI's are reasonably priced and should go fast.

Hola !!! The guy who owned this kind of gadgets was "Xavirun", who sold his CSI to "Gorri850". Now Gorri850 is selling two CSi ( the one from Xavirun ( green one,36K€ ) and another one ( silver,45K€ ) ) and a low kilometers 850 ( blue, 16K€ ) as he is in love with his manual 850i ( a red one with Alpina rims ). They will be announced at 8er.org, as i suppose selling them to a non EU guy will add some additional costs. But, who knows... ;-)

Regarding these, i remember seeing a photo of them in a "hot red" colour... impressive indeed. ;-)

My Cars
    not enough
    MK Motorsport is claiming 30hp gain, the headers are mapped and flow tested.
    Anyone know what Super Sprint & Alpina headers are good for HP-wise?
    CB42366 - 1991 850i 6-speed. Brilliantrot & Black Nappa Leather
    CD00144 - 1994 850CSi. Hellrot & Black Nappa Leather

My other projects:
    Supercharged Tbirds, V8 Tbirds, V8 Mustang Convertible, Audi V8 Quattro & Audi S8

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Anyone know what Super Sprint & Alpina headers are good for HP-wise?
    From the looks of it Alpina headers are similar to Mks, the supersprint are shorty header, power wise an improvement from stock but not the same as mk or Alpina.

My Cars
    1991 850i / 6
    Hi Dragon850, would you please post photos of the headers after they've been ceramic coated. And keep us posted on how the installation is going. Thanks.

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by garylafortuna View Post
    Hi Dragon850, would you please post photos of the headers after they've been ceramic coated. And keep us posted on how the installation is going. Thanks.
    Will do, taking them to the shop sometimes this week to get them coated, I can see already that the install is not going to be an easy job, so far I am in the process of removing stock exhaust manifolds, it's a slow tedious job.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast