Thread: 2008 328i Fuel Pump/ control unit covered under SULEV warranty?

My Cars
    2008 328i

Help - 2008 328i Fuel Pump/ control unit covered under SULEV warranty?

I am in California and have a 2008 328i SULEV that I have enjoyed for many years.

Recently I needed a few repairs and a friend told me that the valve cover gasket replacement might be covered under the SULEV warranty.

The dealership said they didn't know what is covered and can't give me any information although they did replace my valve cover gasket under the SULEV warranty so they obviously know.

It has been a very frustrating process trying to figure out what is covered dealing with BMW.

So I broke down the other day and saw a fuel pump warning on the nav saying service immediately. Car wouldn't turn over so I was stuck on the road but conveniently 1 mine from the dealership.

I took the car to the dealership and they wouldn't tell me if the fuel pump or control unit is covered but they did say that after they diagnose if the problem is covered they will fix it.

I don't understand when I ask them directly what is covered why they refuse to answer. It's a bizarre process.

Do any of you know if the fuel pump and/or control unit is covered under the SULEV warranty? OR any site that has what items are covered?

thank you so much.
    Last edited by dreamteam; 04-29-2017 at 01:12 PM.

My Cars
    2001 525it
    The extended emissions warranty is either 8 years/80k, or 7 years/70k. The white thin booklet in the manuals the car came with probably has the list of what is covered. The warranty extensions were not the BMW but federal emissions warranty that bmw has to complie with. The e46 325 m56 sulev car had the super long warranty on various parts including the fuel tank. You could call bmwna and ask them about it.
    also if you run the vin number thru the dealer to see history any special extended warrantys on specific parts will be listed will be attached to your vin, like for instance air bags. Ask them to print it out.
    Last edited by jclausen; 04-30-2017 at 11:26 AM.

My Cars
    2008 328i
    Thank you for the response.

I had the valve cover gasket and the coils replaced under the SULEV warranty in the past. The dealership has been quite vague and almost hostile when asking what is covered under the extended sulev.

I will try to call BMW North America again. Car is currently at the dealership under diagnosis so no sense in me worrying about it until Monday when they tell me their position.

Quote Originally Posted by jclausen View Post
    The extended emissions warranty is either 8 years/80k, or 7 years/70k. The white thin booklet in the manuals the car came with probably has the list of what is covered. The warranty extensions were not the BMW but federal emissions warranty that bmw has to complie with. The e46 325 m56 sulev car had the super long warranty on various parts including the fuel tank. You could call bmwna and ask them about it.
    also if you run the vin number thru the dealer to see history any special extended warrantys on specific parts will be listed will be attached to your vin, like for instance air bags. Ask them to print it out.

My Cars
    2011 E90 328i
    Ask the dealer or BMW for a printed or 'pdf' copy of the warranty.

My Cars
    2008 328i
    Dealer flat out refuses to give ANY information about what is covered under SULEV even though they fixed my car in the past under SULEV. It is a very bizarre and frustrating process.

Wondering if this is how most of the BMW dealerships act?

I'm calling BMW NA tomorrow and hopefully will get some information.

My Cars
    14 JGC/13 E88 128i
    Can I assume you already looked at this
    file:///C:/Users/b/Downloads/2008_3Series_English.pdf
    On page 42 it shows that your fuel pump is not covered.
    Not sure this helps but at least it spells out what is covered for CA...
    BMWCCA 149159