Thread: E46 Coupe Wing Mirror

My Cars
    2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe

Question E46 Coupe Wing Mirror

Ok, I'm being a bit stupid here so apologies... but I need to get a new passenger side wing mirror for my E46 Coupe and I want to make sure I get the right one.

Its electric, but folds up manually, and I didn't realise it was heated but looking at it now the glass as a strip running up it so I'm guessing it is

I've typed my serial number into RealOem.com and ended up here http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=51_3692 but I'm still slightly confused

Loads of questions:

1) Which one do I need?
    2) Is there a UK version of that RealOem site?
    3) Is that site actually of any use anyway?
    4) Or can anyone point me to the right one on ebay?
    5) My car is metallic yellow (gold) and I haven't seen any come up in that colour on ebay, but the casing is fine on my current one so I'm guessing it can just be swapped onto the new one?

Thanks,
    Jordan

dworthy is offline Wagon meister :) BMW Tech Expert
    My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    Well in order to know exactly which one you will need, you will have to know the options on your car. How you find that out is go here and put in the vin: www.bmwvin.com

That is where you will see if you have code "S313A" or not. Once you know that you can then pick from the mirrors that are available.

The painted cover is removable, so it really don't matter if you find the correct color, just so long your old one is still good.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    95 318is Montreal Blue Met (297)/Beige(K1SN) RIP, killed by an Idiot.
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    82 528i euro Saphire Blue Met/Blue Leather RIP
    79 525 euro Green/Green RIP
    79 318 Silver/Black - The first one that got it all started
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by dworthy View Post
    Well in order to know exactly which one you will need, you will have to know the options on your car. How you find that out is go here and put in the vin: www.bmwvin.com

That is where you will see if you have code "S313A" or not. Once you know that you can then pick from the mirrors that are available.

The painted cover is removable, so it really don't matter if you find the correct color, just so long your old one is still good.
    great, thanks!

My Cars
    2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe
    Just had one delivered I bought off ebay. Its supposed to be manual folding, but it seems stuck to me.

Should you be able to fold this up before its fixed to the car? I can't shift it at all.

dworthy is offline Wagon meister :) BMW Tech Expert
    My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    Normally no, as they are pretty stiff. Mount it and then you will have the leverage to move it around.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    95 318is Montreal Blue Met (297)/Beige(K1SN) RIP, killed by an Idiot.
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    82 528i euro Saphire Blue Met/Blue Leather RIP
    79 525 euro Green/Green RIP
    79 318 Silver/Black - The first one that got it all started
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by dworthy View Post
    Normally no, as they are pretty stiff. Mount it and then you will have the leverage to move it around.
    Ok great, thanks again!