Thread: Aux Issues, New Ones

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4

Aux Issues, New Ones

I just bought a new 2003 Z4 3.0i http://imgur.com/a/2svR3, I love it but I need to hook up my music.

I like the look of the Grom bluetooth adapters, before I purchase one I have been trying to work out how I'll hook it up if I buy one. There are two installation options, the first is to install it in the dash, plugged in to the radio, the second is in the back where a cd changer would go.

I have had issues with both options:

The first, I can't remove the vent to get to the back of the stereo, I have watched the videos found the holes but can't seem to engage the clips.
    So are there any other good solutions to removing the vent?

The second, I can access the area in the trunk but I can't find the correct plugs. The area in my cars looks different to those in the installation videos that I've seen. Have a steel frame with some cables running through but no amp and no plugs that I can find. Are all of the Z4 models likely to have plugs for a CD changer in the back? My Z4 is a very basic model.

I would appreciate any help.

My Cars
    2007 750i BMW; 2003 Z4 3.0 BMW; 2002 Lexus LS430;
    The amp for my '03 is under the trunk floor, next to the battery. (Premium Business Radio).

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 3.0i
    Quote Originally Posted by patrice85 View Post
    I have had issues with both options:

The first, I can't remove the vent to get to the back of the stereo, I have watched the videos found the holes but can't seem to engage the clips.
    So are there any other good solutions to removing the vent?
    Wow, I'm literally do this right now and came to post for help. Glad I'm not the only one.

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 3.0i
    Nevermind.

Glad I spent $5 on Dash Removal tools on Amazon. I wiggle the ever loving mother effing hell out of that air vent, Eventually it came out.

After it was out, I could clearly see that there would be no way in the world a screw driver would reach the metal tabs, the tabs were just bent up so much they didn't extend at all into the slot on top of the air vent. Will upload pictures later.

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4
    Can you provide a link to the tools and a tad more detail on your technique?

Thanks,

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 3.0i
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There really isn't too much to say on my method. When I had finally given up trying to find those stupid tabs, I just used the orange tools with the flat edges to wiggle that air vent out. I started in the bottom left corner first on the side, then on the bottom (top of radio) and just kept wiggling it and wiggling it. I never cranked on it really hard, but you do have to put a bit of pressure on it.

My Cars
    2007 Z4C, 2012 Tacoma
    I picked up a set of those tools. Very useful for all interior work.