Thread: Looking for a tint shop around PDX...

moroza is offline MORΩN ΛABIA BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E34T

Looking for a tint shop around PDX...

...that can handle dot-matrix, since my B4 Passat has this accursed crap on not only the windshield but everything aft of the C-pillar. One shop told me, "you clearly have some quality expectations so I'm going to pass." I'm not looking for that kind of shop. Matt at Rocky Mountain Tint in the Bay Area knows what he's doing but is too far away, and I'm new here.

My Cars
    A couple of hooptys
    I've had great work done at Highline Customs in Beaverton. Guy that owns the shop is Brian (I think; it's been a few years) and is a car guy, so he makes sure the cars are well cared for in his shop. Prices are beyond reasonable as well, they're usually less than I would expect to pay. I had my 4runner windshield tinted there several years back ($60) and the missus' Acura TL all the way around for $160 with 3M carbon tint (heat reflecting), of course all with lifetime warranties. No trouble with any of the dot matrix around the front/rear windows on either car. Not uncommon to see dealer-plated, high end vehicles littering the lot waiting for pre-delivery work to be done.

1997 328i/4/5 - Cosmosschwarz Metallic on Dove Grey - Auto/Manual Swap - M3 Bilstein Sport/H&R Sports (95 M3 mounts) - Offset M3 LCAB - 20mm M3 rear sway bar - X-Brace - AA Tuning Strut Tower Bar - Rogue Engineering RSM - Dinan Cat-Back - 3.38 LSD - E46 330 front/328 rear brakes - SS Brake Lines - E36 fitment Style 42's (staggered) - M3 Front Bumper - M3 side moldings - M3 Rear Diffuser - DJ Auto Headlights (6k HIDS) - Frenched Fogs - OEM Clear Tails - E65 Rearview Mirror (Homelink controls + Autodim) - Alpine Type S Cabin Speakers (6x9 Retrofit) - 8" JVC woofer - Black Kidneys - Red Needles/Chrome Gauge Rings - OEM Alarm - Full Interior/Trunk LED Lighting - Mishimoto Full-Aluminum Radiator - More to Come!