Thread: E36 brake help asap!!!

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe

E36 brake help asap!!!

I'm gonna make this short and sweet as possible, I gotta go somewhere but this is important.
    I have a 1995 E36 M3. 2 weeks ago the front two calipers went so I got brand new ones. Along with new lines. Now need I remind you they are BRAND NEW. The image of the new looking one is the front left, the image of the rusty one is the new front right... So I replaced them and had squeaky rotors obviously from them being seized, no biggy just a couple weeks later I was gonna buy new ones and pads when I have the money. Then today comes around. I get in my car, drive about 2 miles down the road and back to get some food, under about 30-35mph the front right makes a thumping AND grinding sound, you an feel the pedal bouncing as well it almost feels like your ABS is on in the snow but no light saying ABS is on and its a much lighter feeling than ABS. So I'm like damn, so I go home and I'm thinking the whole way home, no way it's like a wheel bearing or something, the calipers were just seized so it only makes sense I need new pads and rotors because the old ones had to be messed up from a few weeks ago. So I get home and I look at the front left, (no problems with this one other than the squeaky rotor) looks brand new still, and the caliper was still pretty cool. Front right caliper, looks like it just got back from WWII. It was still cool to touch, couldn't tell a temperature difference. I just don't know if it could be the caliper again or if it's rotors and pads or both. I would think rotors and pads if it still looked brand new, but right now I'm just very lost and confused.
    Anyone can help, it would be really needed I need this done ASAP as I daily drive this thing everywhere, school to work to girlfriends daily. Thank you!

12.jpg13.jpg
    Last edited by Gymum1; 04-27-2017 at 10:37 AM.

My Cars
    E36, E70, i3
    I can't see anything from the pictures.

But I have had one of the caliper bolts fall out while driving. Degradation in braking ability and a lot of noise. Check that. Well really just start with taking the wheels off and checking the brakes yourself. Not much we can do from here.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Vert, 1992 318i
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanniepoo View Post
    I can't see anything from the pictures.

But I have had one of the caliper bolts fall out while driving. Degradation in braking ability and a lot of noise. Check that. Well really just start with taking the wheels off and checking the brakes yourself. Not much we can do from here.
    Hah, I had that happen once. That bolt was really loud bouncing off the undercarriage.
    Caprica Junkie