Hey Guys,

I've just recently started my e46 (2003 323ci) LS6 (from a 2005 CTSV) swap and predictably have quite a few questions.

As a preliminary matter: my goal is to retain all of the BMW OEM interior functions - which means keeping the BMW DME in play, i suppose. I am pretty confused as to what needs to happen for me to do that. I have read the entirety of every Thaniel post about 3 times now, and have gone through almost everyones build threads on here... so I hope im not asking anything that TOO obvious..

Anyway, i'm firstly looking for someone to describe how the BMW DME interacts with the engine.. Am i also running the GM DME to control the engine? What exactly is each of them controlling, respectively?
- Plot twist - I wish to have this thing street legal, meaning must pass emissions, meaning the OBD2 functions need to read properly. Not sure the implications of this.

Secondly, do i accomplish what I described above with the BMW harness, the GM harness, a standalone? I thank everyone who I have already pestered with this personally. Any advice is greatly appreciated as I want to get moving on this thing ASAP.

Sincerely,

Confused.