Thread: Tires for a 2010 F02 V12

My Cars
    2010 BMW 760li

Question Tires for a 2010 F02 V12

Hey folks:

So for years my dream car has been the BMW 760li. I drove a 2007 for about 2 months on a really extended test drive, and opted not to buy it due to some mechanical issues, however after experiencing the vehicle, I knew I had found true love. I own a 2004 e60 that my daughter drives now and as a high school student, she's told me she doesn't think she'll drive anything else.

So I recently found a 2010 760li, that's in pretty good shape, no major mechanical issues, clean, etc. With my Range Rover down with a busted tranny, I had been renting a 2017 Dodge Charger, nice car but not what i'm used to personally. I'm consistently out of town on business and while out of town, I see my dream car (760il) in a Honda dealership of all places. I figured it was my civic responsibility and duty to rescue this baby from what I could only articulate as sheer and utter embarrassment from being surrounded by lawn mowers, jet skiis, and snow blowers.. (Ok, Ok... Maybe they were actual cars! )

So, baby needs a new pair of shoes, and as I'm new to F01/F02 ownership, I would like some feedback as to what you folks feel are great tires. I'm new to run flats, pretty much know nothing about them other than the fact that they are more expensive. It currently has Goodyear Excellence tires. My questions are as follows:
    1.) What tires would you recommend?
    2.) Would you change all 4 ? The back tires are in immediate replacement, however the fronts are still decent. I worry about an even quiet ride if I don't have the same thread pattern on both.

Thanks in advance for reading!

My Cars
    The Goodyear Excellence's seem to be a pretty good tire. I'm a dealer technician, so I only have experience with the OEM variety tires. The Pirelli p-zero is also a common tire. I personally do not car for the Dunlop tires at all. Bridgestone's are also great tires as well.

As long as you have the same tires left and right, I wouldn't worry at all about having different tires front to back. Read reviews online is what I always do when I'm researching tires.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    2004 BMW 760 Li 1991ZR1
    Hello,

I have Pirelli P7 tires 22" that came with the BMW 760LI. No issues.

Manfred E......
    2004 760LI