Thread: WTT nice PSS9's for a linear coilover setup

My Cars
    S54/E36,18 Sierra Denali

WTT nice PSS9's for a linear coilover setup

Hi guys I have a set of PSS9's with low miles. Purchased them second hand from this thread

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...nger-Available

but have since purchased 17x9.5 et35 wheels. Instead of modifying these into a linear setup, I was hoping someone may be interested in a trade.

These have brand new OEM hardware from the top of the springs up. Standard E36 perches, new M3 Spring tops, gaskets, washers, seals and plates. Comes with booklet and adjust tools. Only missing 1 blue nylon rear spring pad. PO must've misplaced it. They are M fitment with the link mount on the strut. Your M perches will mount right up to these if you have an M.

I paid $1200 and then added all the hardware, let me know what's out there. Maybe someone looking for a more street friendly setup and wants to ditch linear springs. Thanks!

Pics soon

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Curious as I literally just bought a used set of these and I'm already running the same size ARC8's I'm assuming you're referring to. Do the stock PSS9 springs not work with these wheels?
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    S54/E36,18 Sierra Denali
    Toss them on and see if you have fitment issues!?
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by PITT M3 RR View Post
    Toss them on and see if you have fitment issues!?
    LOL I'll be doing just that when they arrive next week. I'm also already running a 12mm spacer. I'll let you know, was just under the impression you had some info on it already.
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    S54/E36,18 Sierra Denali
    Well yea I do haha, arc8 thread says if you want to run these you need to raise the perch and use camber. Camber is fine, but I think a 5.5" spring conversion is needed upfront to raise the perch and allow a real Tire fitment up there. I want to squeeze 255's with only a roll!

so far Ive found the top hats needed for $80.00 and still am checking camber plate options. I'll bite the bullet if no one replies here

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Well yea I do haha, arc8 thread says if you want to run these you need to raise the perch and use camber. Camber is fine, but I think a 5.5" spring conversion is needed upfront to raise the perch and allow a real Tire fitment up there. I want to squeeze 255's with only a roll!

so far Ive found the top hats needed for $80.00 and still am checking camber plate options. I'll bite the bullet if no one replies here
    I spoke on the phone at length with Vorshlag this morning. The short story is that they're very unlikely to fit. They long story follows below.

They're basically a stock style spring up front and I needed to run a 12mm spacer so that I could clear the spring on my current coilovers (with standard, narrower, coil type springs). He wouldn't definitely say it won't fit but suggested the only way they would is by raising the perch. Apparently not the best solution though since that limits the amount of travel or something like that.

Better solution, which I'll most likely be doing, is to get any 60mm spring to run in it's place. Then you'll need camber plates of course lol. He suggested a 7", 300# spring, however I'm thinking of going 450#. My current springs are 550# so I don't wan't the car to feel notably softer by dropping front rate by almost half. The stiffer a spring you run, the higher up in damping hardness you'll have to keep the coils adjusted. Apparently over 500# on these requires full stiff pretty much always.

My car is no longer a daily so I won't mind running on the stiffer side of the dampers. As always, YMMV. I'll let you know if I figure anything else out.
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    S54/E36,18 Sierra Denali
    I'll add that I installed the driver side coilover today, there's about 3mm clearance between it and the strut with no spacer. With a 10mm spacer, obviously I had 10mm more to work with, but that's creates issues at the fender lip...so you need to introduce camber.

So here is what I think im going to try. 245/40/17 tires, 10mm spacer and some sort of
    camber plate with a fender roll.

If im stuck, I'll either go the linear route or throw the 245's on my kosei's and be happy and sell the ARC8s.

Post st up what you find when you dive in. Btw, turner sells a 60mm oil perch with 14mm hole and 22mm recess for $79.99. Camber plate of your choice (or swapped hats) should fit right on top.
    Last edited by PITT M3 RR; 04-26-2017 at 12:20 AM.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Hey man, you can purchase some swift springs to fit I believe and save yourself some trouble?

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    99' 328is
    and sell the ARC8s.
    You have a buyer!

My Cars
    S54/E36,18 Sierra Denali
    Haha I got ground control camber plates with a coil spring perch on the way for fairly cheap. Also got a fender roller and thermal gun. so a roll, with the linear conversion to a 5.5" spring, a bump in camber and a minimal spacer, everything should fall right where it needs to be.

MINIz guy is offline #buttstuff2k14 BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    rolls coal
    So these aren't for trade anymore?

I have STANCE Supersport coilovers. Linear springs: Swift spring up front, Stance branded spring out back.