Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2017 Russian GP @ Sochi

My Cars
    VW MK7 GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    I don't like that the champion can choose not to use 1 as their number. This is probably just because Lewis didn't use it and I hate everything he does.

Other than the start and the last 10 laps the race was pretty boring. Overall the weekend was great with the all Ferrari front row. Great win for Bottas, I hope we can keep a 3-4 way battle for the championship late into the season.
    Last edited by RRocket; 05-02-2017 at 12:30 PM.

RTR

My Cars
    1998 e36
    Quote Originally Posted by BoldUlysses View Post
    ^Yeeeeikes. No thanks. I always turn off the broadcast after the champagne. The post-race podium interviews are just stupid, IMO.
    I agree. It is a gimmick that was introduced in 2012 together with electronic flags.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    All we are missing is Eddie Jordan giving one of the drivers a friggin' rose or something...
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    yay
    Seriously cannot stand that guy.

Congrats to Bottas.

I think the best part of the race was Kimi on team radio wondering how he got passed by Bottas.

My Cars
    M3, 850i, E30T, E55T
    As soon as Rose walked out I automatically and audibly groaned.

Was happy for Bottas and looking forward to his future races. He seems to have a no BS attitude. I love the Finnish, so legit.

My Cars
    1998 e36
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxxxxx View Post
    I think the best part of the race was Kimi on team radio wondering how he got passed by Bottas.
    I don't get it why people find that amusing. Also Kimi's videos on Youtube get the most views but I don't understand why, he barely says anything and has no charisma, he can't drive the conversation, I wonder how can he score such a great dates.

My Cars
    2006 Toyota Tundra
    Quote Originally Posted by hakentt View Post
    I don't get it why people find that amusing. Also Kimi's videos on Youtube get the most views but I don't understand why, he barely says anything and has no charisma, he can't drive the conversation, I wonder how can he score such a great dates.
    I bet you're real fun at parties.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Kimi likes to keep it short and simple when he's asked questions. He doesn't like to go into detail like Vettel does (or used to) about what happened, how was the race, what did he think of this or that, blah blah blah ..... He's the sort of guy that doesn't really give a damn, is least interested about worldly affairs, or what others have to say about him. He's only focused on the job, get in the car, race, get out, and then disappear. I guess people kind of like his odd nature.

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    Bottas and Hamilton take points off each other all season, Vettel wins WDC, Mercedes takes constructors.

Sent from my Midlife Crisis

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    2005 M3
    Thats alright. You probably don't comprehend why I find Hamilton a vile creature

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo
    Fans like him because he's not interested in playing the PR game, and that translates into a perception of authenticity, which is in dreadfully short supply, these days.

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Digs at McLaren here:

Current: '94 MX-6 V6/5 • '72 240Z • '10 Mazda5
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6'95 525i/5'86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S
    Wish list: Type 44 • Manta • Pre-'85 CGT • 405 Mi16 • SVX • W123 Coupe

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    A few things:

I don't understand why people get upset when lap traffic messes with a battle. News flash, guys: that's part of the game. You can't work through traffic, you have a skill to work on. I hate the blue flag rule and especially the whining about people not leaping out of the way when the leaders come up behind them. Dumb.

Most of the race was kinda boring, although I liked the tension re: Ferrari's later pit stop and whether or not the race would come to Vettel at the end. I was very happy for Bottas, and especially happy to see he objectively outclassed Hamilton all weekend.

The crowds seem to enjoy the podium interviews. The closed-door ones were always dull, and when they aren't being led by Eddie Jordan the podium ones usually go pretty well. (There's some European show host who does some, and he's not great either).

Not sure why you guys have the SkySports crew so much. I only watch the race broadcasts, but they do a good job of being excited and adding good information throughout. The NBC broadcast is a lot more lethargic overall, although I like Hobbs and Matchett generally.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    TBD
    You don't remember the Trulli Train caused by Petrov that caught Alonso out - costing him WDC? That we have a name for it: Trulli Train.

You don't think that the cars are difficult to follow? Even far superior cars find it almost impossible to overtake.

If the cars were easier to pass then I'd say do away with the blue flags but they aren't easy to pass. They aren't even easy to drive behind within a second. Have a look at the average gap in China. Even cars that were within a ten of a second in lap time cannot even drive within a second of the car in front.

I believe that if it wasn't for the blue flags people would get stuck for ever behind back markers. Imagine Alonso hanging at the back of the field, he knows he isn't going to score points, so he just drive a little defensively. They could literally block anyone from overtaking them. Team mates (who had a bad race) could fall back and totally change the outcome of the race by blocking for his teammate. I hate to say it but we need Blue Flags.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeBack View Post
    You don't remember the Trulli Train caused by Petrov that caught Alonso out - costing him WDC? That we have a name for it: Trulli Train.

You don't think that the cars are difficult to follow? Even far superior cars find it almost impossible to overtake.

If the cars were easier to pass then I'd say do away with the blue flags but they aren't easy to pass. They aren't even easy to drive behind within a second. Have a look at the average gap in China. Even cars that were within a ten of a second in lap time cannot even drive within a second of the car in front.

I believe that if it wasn't for the blue flags people would get stuck for ever behind back markers. Imagine Alonso hanging at the back of the field, he knows he isn't going to score points, so he just drive a little defensively. They could literally block anyone from overtaking them. Team mates (who had a bad race) could fall back and totally change the outcome of the race by blocking for his teammate. I hate to say it but we need Blue Flags.
    Sigh, reasonable point. I wish there was a larger-scale no-aero series to watch. I'd watch the balls off that and I bet it would be a blast.

My Cars
    TBD
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVA164 View Post
    Sigh, reasonable point. I wish there was a larger-scale no-aero series to watch. I'd watch the balls off that and I bet it would be a blast.
    Aussie V8s is great. BTCC but haven't watched this year. DTM has been a aerofest for a few years now.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeBack View Post
    Aussie V8s is great. BTCC but haven't watched this year. DTM has been a aerofest for a few years now.
    Sorry, should have been more specific. I meant open-wheel. You're right about BTCC; I've caught a few of those and they're always fun to watch. I think WTCC is similar. Modern DTM cars look crazy with all the stuff hanging off them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234