Thread: SLS light, remote fail, no indicator sound or light

My Cars
    2003 540iT/6

SLS light, remote fail, no indicator sound or light

I've had a series of issues develop in rapid succession. First the rear suspension warning light came on intermittently, now stays on. Then the remote key quit working even with a new battery. And the turn signal and high beams indicators don't show on the dash, but the outside lights function correctly. Any thoughts on what would be the core problem to these? I will see if there are any codes with my Peake Research tool at lunch time.

BTW - love my 528iT with 5 speed! It's my 2nd E39 wagon, and I hope to keep it for a long time. I recently refreshed the coolant system and rear suspension, will get exhaust and driveline repairs tomorrow.

Scott
    '00 528iT silver/black sport pkg and 5-spd
    '01 Boxster S Viola (1 of 12!)/black Sport design interior

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport
    Similar story here. I had water intrusion earlier last year. Fixed that and changed some fuses. There was water in the power distribution node under the front passenger footwell. I should have spent more time on that. Now, no nav, radio, pdc, indicating dash lights are all gone. I'm at a loss as to what I should do but I suspect that I'll need to revisit the PDN under the carpet.

Good luck.

My Cars
    E34 HD61 E39 DH61
    For a some asistance please-

My E39 DH61 keeps on displaying a rear suspension issue on its cluster. But the rear ride height is okay & no issues with the damping as well...
    Could it be a faulty Light-Check Control Module?
    Similarly, my key FOB was working well until the time i had to replace the CR2016 batteries. I can still start my car, but i always had to secure it manually not using the remote featurenof the 3 button key anymore...

My Cars
    2001 530i Touring
    Have you carried any large loads lately? I always check the fuse first when I get the SLS light. The fuse could've blown (for multiple reasons) and your ride height would remain unaffected for a while using residual pressure in the system. In my case, I'd gone consecutive days carrying heavy loads, sometimes leaving them overnight. I blew two fuses that way - annoying, but better than a fried air compressor!